Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Help with headset..?

Jadis

I just got a new headset in the mail. It's a SteelSeries Siberia V2 (white).

The problem is that it is just kind of quiet. I have the volume control on the headset cord to max and my computer volume to max. I've tried Winamp/Youtube/Games and everything is just "average" volume and a little on the quiet side. Also, the bass kind of sucks on these. I can't even hear it that well. I have a $25 pair of Sennhesier headphones and they put this headset to shame (they are really good quality and get loud). Is it possible mine is defective and I should send it back?

I've tried the headset plugging into my speaker system and also straight into the mobo sound ports. I use my motherboard's built-in soundcard but haven't had this problem with other speakers/headphones. I mean seriously, I'm listening to music right now and the music just sounds muffled and there's absolutely no boom in the bass :/ Not to mention everything on max and it's kinda quiet.

Thanks for reading and any help.

http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Siberia-Full-Size-Gaming-Headset/dp/B002Q8IHDQ

edit: I think I'm just gonna try to break these in by playing some music and maybe the quality will increase a bit. I've found some software-related ways to increase the sound for now. The mic is excellent quality though!

Edited by Jadis

I have this headset; go in the playback devices panel (via control panel or after right-clicking the volume button in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen) and check that the headset is set as your default playback and recording devices. Then adjust sound and microphone volumes accordingly (e.g. the boost, loudness).