Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What's good on Netflix tonight?

Mathematik

This is a thread that you could go to, to get suggestions on what to watch tonight on Netflix (or Hulu, Amazon Instant, etc). Try to give a blurb on what the movie is about without spoilers (even if the movie or show is old) and what you thought of it.

Drive (2011) ® (Netflix)

Ryan Gosling stars as a Hollywood stuntman who moonlights as a getaway driver. He leads a quiet life until he feels the need to help his neighbor and her young son after her violent husband comes back from prison. I felt the music in conjunction with the visuals were breathtaking throughout the film. The plot was good, not mindblowing or full of twists, but enjoyable and easy to follow, but interesting at the same time. After watching this, to sum it up in one word, I just felt this movie was badass.

13 Assassins (2011) ® (Netflix)

This Japanese movie is about a group of 13 samurai warriors who must work together to stop an up-and-coming tyrant from killing innocent villagers and going to war, because he thinks it would be "fun". If you like violent action and tons of blood, this is your movie. The plot is barebones and straightforward, but the action and fight choreography is second to none. Again, another badass movie that will keep you talking about it after it's over.

I Saw The Devil (2011) ® (Netflix)

This is a Korean violent action/thriller that stars this Jason Bourne-like secret agent that literally stops at nothing when it comes to getting revenge after his fiance is killed by this crazy serial killer. I don't wanna get too much deeper than that, cause it'll ruin the experience, but it's really a heart-pounding movie from beginning to it's thrilling conclusion.

Outrage (2010) ® (Netflix)

This one is for the Japanese Yakuza fans. Takeshi Kitano plays the role of a veteran Yakuza member who gets caught between two families who go to war over each other. Needless to say, it's never pretty. It's an emotional movie that mixes action and drama and really makes you feel for Kitano's character and what he has to go through. It's violent, brutal, unwielding, but honest at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...

Well my family uses Netflix almost solely for movies and shows so we've done quite a bit of scowering. Hears some of my suggestions I can think of off the top of my head.

Weeds: It's a tv show about a suburban mom who becomes this rich neighborhood called argrestic's dealer. The show starts of nice and simple and more just enjoyable than really suspensful but shit starts blowing up quick.

Walking Dead: If you like zombies and have not seen this, watch it. Its based off a great comic and is really well done.

Ted Talks: If your looking for some more cerebral media, this shits for you. Its got a huge variety of talks from some of the smartest people in the world talking about the coolest stuff in the world. It might put you off at first but trust me just watch a few and you will see.

I honestly cant remember the names of some movies but ill add some if I remember too.

Ps. I know this isn't exactly a new thread but im new and wondering wheres the threshold for that? Isn't there a rule or something?

This weekend, I watched Hot Tub Time Machine and Adventureland.

Hot Tub is a low-brow comedy about time travel and mid-life crises. It feels a little bit like Back to the Future with more dick jokes. Take it for what it is. :P

I liked Adventureland, and I didn't expect to. Kristen Stewart actually smiles, so that's an anomaly in its own right, but the entire thing was self-loathing and kept me interested. And I guess I like pretty much everything Jesse Einsberg is in.

a couple shows i like are malcolm in the middle, and switched at birth. malcolm in the middle is about 5 kids, jamie, dewey, malcolm, reese, and francis, they just mess around alot, pull pranks on people, idk how to explain it. its a really funny show though i would recommend it to anyone 100%

Stuff I've found that's worth a watch on Netflix.

Troll Hunter - It's subtitles because it takes place in Europe, but it's good

Trailer Park Boys - Hilarious

Eastbound and Down - Hilarious, although I think it's been removed from there because of the recent additional seasons, probably to drive dvd sales.

Blood River - interesting

Lost (all seasons) - Want to lose a month of your life? Watch 2-3 episodes of this a night and do the whole series like I did.