Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Asking a girl to homecoming?

Ron Paul

Exactly what I said to my girlfriend to Prom

We at the time had only been texting and somewhat talking for a few weeks

I took flowers into her classroom and said "May you do me the honor of being my date to Prom"

THEN BOOM

Dating for 16 months now

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude stop being a little bitch and just have a conversation with her. Women are people just like us.

My girl friend scared the shit out of me before I asked her out. In fact her mom pretty much forced us together, with out her I prob would of never gotten together with her. Conversation and asking on a date are completely different things and are a lot more difficult for most people.

Hows your girl friend going anyway?

...Conversation and asking on a date are completely different things and are a lot more difficult for most people...

No, they really aren't any different. I understand that we're talking about an socially awkward 15 year old here, but his isn't a chick flick. You don't have to make a big ordeal out of asking a girl out. Start with small talk to get the conversation going, find a common ground, and slip it in the conversation.

"That's crazy, because I LOVE My Little Pony too! Hey, so what are your plans for homecoming? Oh, you don't have plans? Would you like to go with me?..... Hey that's a cool pepper spray can."

You know, something like that.

the past few years girls have liked to be asked in a "cute way" so does she have a locker? Go put like a Teddy bear and chocolate in her locker and have a sign taped to the outside saying "Homecoming?" U have to get her friends to open it though haha, or u could make a huge poster with balloons that asks her, put it up in a hallway and have her friends walk her that way. That's my suggestion.

My girl friend scared the shit out of me before I asked her out. In fact her mom pretty much forced us together, with out her I prob would of never gotten together with her. Conversation and asking on a date are completely different things and are a lot more difficult for most people.

Oh Awwik, please continue to enlighten us all on how much of a player you are. The only reason I see your somewhat decent looking girlfriend is with you is because shes braindead, not because of your personality, and definitely not because of your looks.

Edited by Darkwing Duck

Oh Awwik, please continue to enlighten us all on how much of a player you are. The only reason I see your somewhat decent girlfriend is with you is because shes braindead, not because of your personality, and definitely not because of your looks.

That was a dick move Awwik. How are you going to talk down to someone when two lines up you yourself say that the only reason you have a girlfriend is because her mother forced her on you?

just go for it, you'll survive if she says no, and you'll feel like a friggin champ if she says yes.

don't have to go and work out for it, be yourself dude man :) Not all girls like guys who work out, either :P if she doesn't like you the way you are now, she probably wont like you after you spent a few hours in the gym :)

if you're insecure about HOW to ask it, you seem to be a funny guy, use humour. girls dig funny guys, really really.

Most important though is, if she says no, don't make a scene about it. She'll tell her friends and that will mean you won't be going to the next one, or the one after that either, cause all other girls will remember you as the guy who, idk, bursted out in tears when rejected, or whatnot.

Edited by [O-P]rime

Go up to her, and be like "yo baby, are you ok after that fall? cause you look like you fell from the sky" *sexy look totally handsome i wanna do you*, thats it.

If there's one thing a girl likes, it's a cheesy pickup line....

QqKzR.gif

the past few years girls have liked to be asked in a "cute way" so does she have a locker? Go put like a Teddy bear and chocolate in her locker and have a sign taped to the outside saying "Homecoming?" U have to get her friends to open it though haha, or u could make a huge poster with balloons that asks her, put it up in a hallway and have her friends walk her that way. That's my suggestion.

Watching way too much

220px-Posternotebook.jpg

It's homecoming, not marriage... There's 4 of em and they're all REAL fun (boring).

Should I go with my girlfriend? All I really own is skinny jeans... and she's dressing up. O.O and it sounds boring as fuck.

get something decent, make her happy and go with her. I had to go alone to idk what it's called, prom? cause my boyfriend back then was like "I ain't going there." and I couldn't take anyone else cause he'd flip out. I can assure you it fucking sucks dick.

get something decent, make her happy and go with her. I had to go alone to idk what it's called, prom? cause my boyfriend back then was like "I ain't going there." and I couldn't take anyone else cause he'd flip out. I can assure you it fucking sucks dick.

-.-

why-you-no-guy.jpg

Depends how well you know the girl, If you know her get her something to persuade her to say yes, it's like luring children to a van, you give them candy and they come to you. Not the best example but think of it like that since most girls are just willing if bribed correctly. (In my case at least >_>)

Don't just go up to her and ask her out, go up to her an talk for a couple minutes then throw the question in. Just like someone said ask if shes going to homecoming and if she says yes ask if she is going with anyone, if she says no, then you ask her, and if she says yes, just end the convo there with a good bye and make up something.

Don't just go up to her and ask her out, go up to her an talk for a couple minutes then throw the question in. Just like someone said ask if shes going to homecoming and if she says yes ask if she is going with anyone, if she says no, then you ask her, and if she says yes, just end the convo there with a good bye and make up something.

no.jpg

I'll give some ACTUAL advice instead of just laughing at most of your posts and trolling the bad ones. Don't beat around the bush. Ask her. Real simple. If it's something you're looking to be romantic (you shouldn't be since dating is only to be done as a means of courtship unto marriage blah blah Christian jargon blah blibbity blah blah) then make it CLEAR that you like her. Obviously you should have already spoken to this girl before, don't go up to girls you've never said a word to and spill your guts. Maximum Beta.

If you like the girl, repeat after me:

"I really like you and would like to take you to homecoming." Real simple...

If you want to take her as a friend (best choice, homecoming is meaningless shit anyway):

"I don't have a date for homecoming yet. Want to go with me as friends?"

Hey look, simple English... no need to puff it up with candy, flowers, etc no. Do that for your prom date, do that for your fiance, do that for your wife. This girl is someone you probably won't even TALK to in 4 years (as a senior in college, I can honestly say I am only in touch with 1 of my 4 homecoming dates and only because I dated that 1 for a while and we left on good term). It's not special, it's not a big deal, it's not even fun. But if you want to do it, do it simple so you don't embarrass yourself if/when she says no.