Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Re: VIP & tf2 Orange 100percent crit x2 Servers

bean-

Hi all,

I've seen players join the Euro Server and have VIP status, gained from other tf2 HG Servers. As far as I'm aware, the tf2 100percent crits severs (not sure about the USA one) are not 'members' of the VIP community - that is, we players on these servers can't become VIP. :omgimmad:

Yet, we can have players join us who are VIP. Now, there are players on the Euro server who play a lot and are now ranked (inc. top ten) in the 'normal' stats - me included. Should players from another tf2 HG server be able to join ours, and consider themselves VIP (i.e. top 10 players) and somehow ALSO top ten players on our 100percent crits server, when it's quite obvious that they are having problems with the manner in which we play on our type of server? Just a thought. :apple:

Another quick question - do VIP players have Admin command status? I think they do, as when I do a !who command they come up as Admins. Do they have any other advantages? :bazooka::o0:

bean$ :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I've noticed that too beans, for a while now the US hasn't had VIP in the sense that players in the top 20 do not get VIP next to their name anymore. They never had much for access to commands besides little things as Scott said but they've always showed up under who commands as admins. This is a bit of a misnomer though since they can't do much any admin functions, last time I was in the UK orange server I browsed through sm_help's pages to see what access I had since I was a VIP and there were about maybe 20/2pages worth of commands that mostly don't work or are pointless. I didn't take the time to test more than a few but theres none worth mentioning that i could find.

As far as the whole players from other servers thing....:shrug: I've noticed it too but never really cared since I've found VIP to be pointless :P

I'm sure one of the higher ups here will know the answer to that part.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

Just thought I'd mention that I hope we won't end up having VIP players on the 100% Crit servers who are crap at this type of MOD, keep moaning about "body shot neewbes" but consider themselves top players. This is what has happened whenever I've seen a VIP on a 100% Crit server! Rant over :)

bean$