Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Friend graduating basic

Zezima

I was in the military and when I got out of Infantry basic training, all I wanted to do was have an awesome night out! Take your friend wherever they want to go. Get a group of people, make it a party, and make it loud and proud that a future hero is in the house!!!

That. My biggest concerns after basic were food that doesn't suck, alcohol, and tits.

Too bad that'll make it back to his DI and he'll get in a lot of trouble more than likely.

This really depends on timing. If you're seeing him on visitation right after graduation, there's a bunch of stuff he probably can't do. We were required to be in a certain uniform, drink no alcohol, use no tobacco products, and stay out of anything that looks like a bar.

If that's when you're going to see him, take him somewhere decent for dinner. He'll appreciate it.

And don't try to smuggle him any contraband. :P

This really depends on timing. If you're seeing him on visitation right after graduation, there's a bunch of stuff he probably can't do. We were required to be in a certain uniform, drink no alcohol, use no tobacco products, and stay out of anything that looks like a bar.

If that's when you're going to see him, take him somewhere decent for dinner. He'll appreciate it.

And don't try to smuggle him any contraband. :P

Listen to Wingless, I hear he has experience with this.

I'm going to be seeing him right after graduation before he goes back out so i guess if those rules apply that rules out some stuff. I'll probably do that and take him somewhere nice. I get to wait for the inevitable shit talk that I'm still in ROTC and what not. I will have to make damn sure though that he gets some pussy before he leaves again. Thanks for the input guys!

I'm going to be seeing him right after graduation before he goes back out so i guess if those rules apply that rules out some stuff. I'll probably do that and take him somewhere nice. I get to wait for the inevitable shit talk that I'm still in ROTC and what not. I will have to make damn sure though that he gets some pussy before he leaves again. Thanks for the input guys!

Take him to a restaurant.

And getting him laid probably won't happen unless he has a gf/wife/girl in general that tags along with you and you somehow manage to get them a hotel room.

Take him to a restaurant.

And getting him laid probably won't happen unless he has a gf/wife/girl in general that tags along with you and you somehow manage to get them a hotel room.

^ This, he probably hasn't had good food for a while. Taking him to a restaurant is an awesome idea. And I don't mean Applebee's or some shit like that, actual fine dining. If you tell me the general area where you live, I can find a good place.

^ This, he probably hasn't had good food for a while. Taking him to a restaurant is an awesome idea. And I don't mean Applebee's or some shit like that, actual fine dining. If you tell me the general area where you live, I can find a good place.

Also, don't be surprised if he finishes his plate in under a minute.

food in basic was actually quite decent imo, it was just rushed.

Decent doesn't mean good. I can eat at Applebee's and say that the food is decent. Just because something doesn't make you violently blow chunks, that doesn't mean that its good food. Its about the atmosphere too. I'd rather be around young nicely dressed people than some fucking slobs who are only going out to eat with their 4 kids because they got a deal on Groupon. Honestly, I'd rather suck Rosie O' Donnell's penis than go out to eat at a place like Applebee's. I don't know, maybe I'm spoiled because I grew up in North Jersey where they had good authentic American and ethic food almost anywhere and because I live in Miami now, but Applebee's fucking sucks and so do most other chains. PF-Chang's, Maggiano's, Chart House, and Fleming's are the only decent chains. Sorry for the rant lol.

Decent doesn't mean good. I can eat at Applebee's and say that the food is decent. Just because something doesn't make you violently blow chunks, that doesn't mean that its good food. Its about the atmosphere too. I'd rather be around young nicely dressed people than some fucking slobs who are only going out to eat with their 4 kids because they got a deal on Groupon. Honestly, I'd rather suck Rosie O' Donnell's penis than go out to eat at a place like Applebee's. I don't know, maybe I'm spoiled because I grew up in North Jersey where they had good authentic American and ethic food almost anywhere and because I live in Miami now, but Applebee's fucking sucks and so do most other chains. PF-Chang's, Maggiano's, Chart House, and Fleming's are the only decent chains. Sorry for the rant lol.

You're not spoiled cause of where you lived.

It's cause you're rich. =p

You're not spoiled cause of where you lived.

It's cause you're rich. =p

Not really, I can name a lot of places that are around the same price or cheaper than Applebee's that are much better. I don't only eat at expensive places lol. The place I get lunch actually all the time, most of the entrees are like $7-$12.

Too bad that'll make it back to his DI and he'll get in a lot of trouble more than likely.

If he is graduating and coming home, nothing to worry about, party your asses off!!! If your going to hang with him on his base pass, then yeah, Listen to Wingless and avoid Contraband. It's not worth it if you get popped off. (If caught with contraband, depending on the offense, could follow him to his PDS Permanent Duty Station, and delay his first promotion.) Being E-1 Sucks ass, so don't delay it anymore then needed.

Decent doesn't mean good.

No the food in basic is definitely good, I think you have the idea that they are giving you the MRE crackers with red kool-aid to drink. It's actually the best food you'll served by the military, the people who make it are chefs that actually want their food to be enjoyed.

But as to what deadlock said, I actually lol'd at the memory. My first 'meal' after was a bowl of soup that I nursed for about an hour and half. It's weird too, because I was always the fastest eater growing up.

No the food in basic is definitely good, I think you have the idea that they are giving you the MRE crackers with red kool-aid to drink. It's actually the best food you'll served by the military, the people who make it are chefs that actually want their food to be enjoyed.

But as to what deadlock said, I actually lol'd at the memory. My first 'meal' after was a bowl of soup that I nursed for about an hour and half. It's weird too, because I was always the fastest eater growing up.

Oh, thanks for clarifying lol. Glad to see you guys get good food though.