Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Hello, and help XD

Crill

Hello, guys im new to the rp maps on gmod, not gmod, infact ive been playing for years and thought id give the maps a shot. and i joined the forum, so im not even sure where to post here, but anyway, im trying to join the PERP lite server and every time i do, i get DC'd and sometimes GMOD just shuts down on me, never had this problem before but seems to happen with a few servers using evocity_x33, any help would be good, so apologies for the dodgy greeting, and i hope to game with you all soon :)

no hl2.exe does not crash, no luck toXic :( but now im getting a message sayin Kupo timed out (Kupo is my ingame tag right now) also on the console it shows

SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/tree_pine_tall_01.mdl)

SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/tree_pine_tall_01.mdl)

Requesting texture value from var "$basetexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/militia_hdrrt)

Requesting texture value from var "$basetexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/militia_hdrbk)

Requesting texture value from var "$basetexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/militia_hdrlf)

Requesting texture value from var "$basetexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/militia_hdrft)

Requesting texture value from var "$basetexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/militia_hdrup)

Requesting texture value from var "$basetexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/militia_hdrdn)

Customization file 'materials/vgui/logos/spray.vtf' is too big ( >524288 bytes).

Disconnect: Kupo timed out.

Disconnect: Kupo timed out.

If you're timing out it could be a few things. Does this happen on any other server? If yes, could be an issue with your firewall or your Garry's Mod isn't fully up to date. If it only happens on PERP it might just need to be restarted. Also, do you currently run any add-ons since you've re-installed the game?

nah, it aint my firewall or router, already got them sorted :) happens on all servers using PERP actually now that i think about it, I have.....

a bunch of precision tools

Wiremod

CAP

gcombat (and extension)

pcmod 2

and spacebuild all in my addons folder

well, i don't know about enough ram, cause my laptop is quite high spec, but i did turn off my paging file to play skyrim, as it plays much faster without it, as does SR3, so I think i might try putting that back on and see how that goes, thanks for the inspiration dude :)

yet no avail, however now it has changed the error message to lump 34? incase anyone knows how this lump allocation works, i for one don't lol. it must be something to do with my resources and gmod, perhaps something in the gmod settings or perhaps steam, im not sure, but its starting to look like im not getting on this server any time soon, much dissappointed, my old laptop let me play on evo city servers before and it was crap compared to my new one. :(