Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Tigers' Cabrera wins 1st Triple Crown in 45 years

Champ Kind

No, burn yourself.

clearly didn't read the raw statistics

Miggy's Team is going to Playoffs while Fishymans team isnt.

Miggy For MVP

doesn't matter. Trouts WAR (wins over replacement) is like 6 times higher then Miggys or something outrageous like that. Trout helped his team more and is the most valuable player in the AL.

This is the triple crown we're talking about here. It hasn't happend in 45 years since Williams did it I believe (correct me if i'm wrong). Cabrera deserves MVP.

Carl yastrzemski was the last person to do it, yes 45 years ago. regardless, Williams won it twice and didn't win the MVP EITHER time. Trout has a good chance of winning it if you look at the raw stats, which the MLB writers look at more then semi-useless stats like batting average.

EDIT: also, Second in the AL in BA, first in runs (mind you he missed the majority of april. called up april 29th, same day as Harper), first in steals, AND 30 home runs. All as a rookie. MLB hasn't seen a rookie season like this since Alex Rodriguez, and even then, Rodriguez' '96 season is stupid compared to Trout's 2012, simply because of the quality pitchers Trout has seen in the AL. Pitching is a lot different now then it was in 96, and players have to deal with a lot more scouting now.

Edited by FEBRUARY

Trout should get rookie of the year, but he has a long carrer ahead of him and he will have plenty more chances to get MVP. Give it to Miggy. He accomplished a very hard thing to do.

Ted Williams accomplished the same thing. Granted the pitching differences since the 40's, but Williams did it twice with no MVP. Triple Crown doesn't mean you're the most valuable player. Trout's won more games for his team then Miggy.

Either way,Trouts gonna win MVP or Rookie of the Year.

The only way he won't win AL ROY is if Yu Darvish pitches 2 no hitters/perfect games in the World Series.

clearly didn't read the raw statistics

doesn't matter. Trouts WAR (wins over replacement) is like 6 times higher then Miggys or something outrageous like that. Trout helped his team more and is the most valuable player in the AL.

Carl yastrzemski was the last person to do it, yes 45 years ago. regardless, Williams won it twice and didn't win the MVP EITHER time. Trout has a good chance of winning it if you look at the raw stats, which the MLB writers look at more then semi-useless stats like batting average.

EDIT: also, Second in the AL in BA, first in runs (mind you he missed the majority of april. called up april 29th, same day as Harper), first in steals, AND 30 home runs. All as a rookie. MLB hasn't seen a rookie season like this since Alex Rodriguez, and even then, Rodriguez' '96 season is stupid compared to Trout's 2012, simply because of the quality pitchers Trout has seen in the AL. Pitching is a lot different now then it was in 96, and players have to deal with a lot more scouting now.

I'm pretty sure I'm the rawest spectator ever and I know Mike Trout is a little minnow in the ocean bruh.