Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Admin System

Breastmilk

I play on your gmod servers frequently, mostly perp and i find a lack of admins. Even though you have a system where any player can buy admin (which is always a horrible idea, no offense) there is still a lack of admins willing to help.I though up a solution to this problem. I was hoping you could give me a higher status on that server without making me a VIP, possibly a Conflict Resolver. I don't want VIP status with this, I know what people getting free VIP leads to and I don't like it. You could also supply other people on the servers with this position. And if you don't agree with my idea please just revise your admin system.

report problems to the forums, theres a whole bunch of people who will deal with it here if they mods cant. check this list out:

https://hellsgamers.com/leadership

talk to DirtyDNA, Zj6090, and Plaayer first, then Rizon or Mark. still cannot get it resolved, (which probably wont happen) talk to Upper management;

Bonbon

CantBeFaded

F4ithl3ss

Jake

JJK

Kigen

Lt. Awesome

SuperSkreech

Connect onto the TeamSpeak if you need to speak to someone in the HelpDesk right away about an issue in the server.

If we have, for all intents and purposes, one admin on at the time and he's dealing with another issue. I don't think he'd be able to jump to your issue right away.

Now in another instance if there was 2-3, it's quite possible then they couldn't/didn't respond to your issue right away. Either way, if you want immediate attention, log onto our TeamSpeak 3 server and get into the HelpDesk, someone there will be able to assist you.

Cause we have a life

Then they should resign. Being busy with other things is not an excuse to do poorly at something. Were that the case, I would turn in a poorly written legal brief tomorrow and say, "Sorry, I was busy doing Physics homework," and expect full credit.

OP has a point IMO. For mods being "carefully" selected - as I know they are advertised - and educated in the rules, they are the primary reason I stopped playing PERP. Is part of that rooted in my own application for mod being denied? Sure, but then again I had only played PERP for a month so I wasn't expecting it anyway. The mods, unlike advisors (which I can say having been one before), were hand-selected for having specific qualities found useful for the server and then re-educated on the expectations set for them. As such, they should be held to a standard of excellence that TBH seems lacking.

At the same time, admin on a server like PERP shouldn't be given out in the same way Gold/VIP/CSS admin is rewarded. Rather, the current mods (and future mods) ought to be held to a higher standard and BE EXPECTED to hold to it.

Then they should resign. Being busy with other things is not an excuse to do poorly at something. Were that the case, I would turn in a poorly written legal brief tomorrow and say, "Sorry, I was busy doing Physics homework," and expect full credit.

OP has a point IMO. For mods being "carefully" selected - as I know they are advertised - and educated in the rules, they are the primary reason I stopped playing PERP. Is part of that rooted in my own application for mod being denied? Sure, but then again I had only played PERP for a month so I wasn't expecting it anyway. The mods, unlike advisors (which I can say having been one before), were hand-selected for having specific qualities found useful for the server and then re-educated on the expectations set for them. As such, they should be held to a standard of excellence that TBH seems lacking.

At the same time, admin on a server like PERP shouldn't be given out in the same way Gold/VIP/CSS admin is rewarded. Rather, the current mods (and future mods) ought to be held to a higher standard and BE EXPECTED to hold to it.

Quoted da wrong part

I was supposed to quote the part about "activity"

I didn't know anyone here was employed by HG? Admin positions aren't, in my opinion, jobs. Admins/mods are individuals who, on their freetime, help run and supervise the servers and website.

Now if the server needs more admins because there are so few on at any one time then that should be addressed and brought up to council who might reconsider the process for picking admins on that server. I don't think it's right and to be frank, a little ridiculous to tell an admin that might not be available on somebodies "beck and call" they need to resign because they aren't doing their "job".

I didn't know anyone here was employed by HG? Admin positions aren't, in my opinion, jobs. Admins/mods are individuals who, on their freetime, help run and supervise the servers and website.

Now if the server needs more admins because there are so few on at any one time then that should be addressed and brought up to council who might reconsider the process for picking admins on that server. I don't think it's right and to be frank, a little ridiculous to tell an admin that might not be available on somebodies "beck and call" they need to resign because they aren't doing their "job".

PERP mods are different from regular admins. They not only volunteer for the job but are hand-selected and expected to be available for what hte server needs. Your argument might work for people who pay for admin privileges, but for someone who was given the privileges with a condition, it only makes sense that they be expected to meet said expectations.

PERP mods are different from regular admins. They not only volunteer for the job but are hand-selected and expected to be available for what hte server needs. Your argument might work for people who pay for admin privileges, but for someone who was given the privileges with a condition, it only makes sense that they be expected to meet said expectations.

I haven't read those expectations, but I highly doubt it says they need to be available 24/7, like you said, they are volunteers. I don't really understand this logic either. So the server doesn't have enough admins so you want to get rid of the admins it does have? Why not just make more admin positions?

I haven't read those expectations, but I highly doubt it says they need to be available 24/7, like you said, they are volunteers. I don't really understand this logic either. So the server doesn't have enough admins so you want to get rid of the admins it does have? Why not just make more admin positions?

Did you... read the thread? I never said they should be available 24/7. I said they are expected to hold a standard of excellence in how they moderate. OP was complaining that they do not, and I supported that claim by my own experience. The resolution I then suggested is that they resign and be replaced. If they choose not to perform up to snuff as moderators, find people who will.

Did you... read the thread? I never said they should be available 24/7. I said they are expected to hold a standard of excellence in how they moderate. OP was complaining that they do not, and I supported that claim by my own experience. The resolution I then suggested is that they resign and be replaced. If they choose not to perform up to snuff as moderators, find people who will.

Why yes, I did read the thread and I came to the conclusion that the OP was complaining about the lack of admins on the server. He then said he finds a lack of admins that do their "jobs", which makes sense if he can't find any admins on the server to begin with.

Now are you saying the admins on Perp are horrible admins because they are never on, or because when they are on they refuse to do whatever it is they need to do on that server?

Why yes, I did read the thread and I came to the conclusion that the OP was complaining about the lack of admins on the server. He then said he finds a lack of admins that do their "jobs", which makes sense if he can't find any admins on the server to begin with.

Now are you saying the admins on Perp are horrible admins because they are never on, or because when they are on they refuse to do whatever it is they need to do on that server?

Wait a sec, now I don't even think he was talking about PERP. The pay admin system he's talking about in the OP is for Dark RP, while the "application process" he was talking about later is for PERP.

What we have here is a failure to communicate. I've been arguing about a different server's admin problem than you have, and we butt heads because of it. To answer your question, my opinion is of the latter, that mods who are appointed lack the motivation to carry out the task given to them. However, I think the OP was actually talking about another server completely, and I missed that with his second post.

ZZZZ inconsistent posters.