Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Does anyone else hate this?

Muse

It's 5:30am and I'm sitting in Starbucks being the first time customer here. Luckily the two people working are good friends. My question for you guys is: Do you hate when people come in almost EXACTLY when you open? Like, " Oh hey, you open at 10:00, better stand at your doors at 9:55."

• Like 1

That is... Slightly creepy...

Ya open at 9, expect it. There's a reason your paid for it.

Exactly. If you work in retail or any type of business that sells something the whole point of having an opening time is so people can start shopping AT THAT TIME.

This thread is full of stupid.

That is... Slightly creepy...

Ya open at 9, expect it. There's a reason your paid for it.

Exactly. If you work in retail or any type of business that sells something the whole point of having an opening time is so people can start shopping AT THAT TIME.

This thread is full of stupid.

I'm just asking generally if it bothered anyone. My job has a timeframe in the morning to do projects because of no one ever shopping and stuff so I'm usually busy. I know I'm being paid for that, but I work in a retailand clothing store at the mall. Why are you awake at 10am at a mall shopping for clothes on a Thursday? It just boggles me.

I'm just asking generally if it bothered anyone. My job has a timeframe in the morning to do projects because of no one ever shopping and stuff so I'm usually busy. I know I'm being paid for that, but I work in a retailand clothing store at the mall. Why are you awake at 10am at a mall shopping for clothes on a Thursday? It just boggles me.

Some people work 2nd and 3rd shift so 10am is the only time that works for them?

Back on subject, this annoys me to no end. I used to work at a Subway and would be EXTREMELY pissed when someone walked in about 10 mins to close and orders a sub and sits down. Then we gotta wait for them to finish and then clean up.

When I worked at Target, people used to knock on the door five minutes before we opened almost every Saturday and Sunday. They would look all huffy when we waited until opening time.

Part of my job is working birthday parties at my gym and I hate it when parents come in 20 minutes early and asking if they can start setting up. The assistant coach(es) and I aren't finished yet and they wanna get it started. >.<

Who has a birthday party a gym? dafuq, parents ever heard of chuckee cheeses god damn

You guys are taking this too personally. Seriously. I'm just confused why people do that AT A CLOTHING STORE. And they almost always have nothing else to do when I ask what their plans are.

That's probably why then, shopping when they are doing nothing else...

There's a funny thing called demand. There's a demand because people WANT to shop at 10am, who gives a shit why, there doesn't have to be a reason. It's been proven to your employer that it's worth it (PROFITABLE) for the store to open at 10am because people will shop there at 10am.

I thought you were on vacation o.O

enigma can do as he pleases.

I hate when my current customers get mad because I am not available 24/7 to answer the phone or an email.

enigma can do as he pleases.

I hate when my current customers get mad because I am not available 24/7 to answer the phone or an email.

It got to the point where I'd read, investigate, and maybe even fix an issue when email hit my inbox, but if I wasn't supposed to be working, I didn't reply until the next day.

It got to the point where I'd read, investigate, and maybe even fix an issue when email hit my inbox, but if I wasn't supposed to be working, I didn't reply until the next day.

Hurray support! If a customer is nice to me, I am nice to them at least.