Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Lookin For Experienced League Players

-O-P-rime

So I was thinkin of makin an event to gather more interest in the HG LoL community.

More so as a LoL 101 and more advanced stuff.

The general stuff being, last hitting, basic item builds, positioning, when to engage/disengage, how to peel and other normal stuff.

The more advanced stuff focusing more on Roles and what champs fit into what role and maybe find a main.

Post below if you're interested in being a 'Teacher'

Also add if you want to help out in being a General Teacher or a more Focused Teacher.

If you're asking for a more focused role please state what role you want to help out as and what you can offer.

I will probably be streaming a bot game and casting saying what I'm doin at the moment. This would be more for the people who don't have LoL but might be interested in getting it.

No one in HG wants to learn how to be better.

Everyone in HG is convinced they are either good or "as good as they want to be, anyway."

Everyone in HG thus fancies himself either a teacher or at least higher than a student (a graduate, if you will).

A project like this requires people who both (1) recognize they have things to learn in this game and (2) have an actual desire to take time LEARNING about a video game. It also requires people who are both (3) mechanically sound and (4) able to teach what they "know" (the latter of which is much harder to come by than you would think). These four conditions must all be met before this is going to get anywhere. Here's the problem:

(1) People are hard-headed, stubborn, and self-assured. People who will do this are few and far between.

(2) No one wants to learn about a video game. They play to have fun and don't really care about becoming better unless you give them an incentive to do so (i.e. rewards for elo in season 2).

(3) There are very few people in HG I would consider "mechanically sound" enough to teach others. These would be (by my personal observation and opinion):

• Boxer for zoning and trading.
  • Rudabaga for jungling and map control by ganks.
  • Branflake for harass and lane control as a support.
  • Myself for trading, last hitting, and overall strategies (split pushing, team comps, etc.).
  • Gravity Kitten for last hitting.
  • Hobbes for playing Janna.

If I missed you, my apologies but this is mostly off-the-cuff.

(4) Being able to perform in game is one thing. Being able to put into words the techniques you are using for others to understand is completely different. It's not enough to teach in retrospect (i.e. "You should have done this there."). You've got to be able to actively teach and push people into situations where they are forced to learn. There's only so much you can teach someone by going over past gameplay. Live lessons are more helpful but more time consuming and FAR more difficult.

So who's willing to actually learn or actually teach to where this is helpful for our division?

Not I.

Real.

• Like 2

OK, let me specify due to the last rage post: I am not a 2000 ELO pro, but I am a level 30, and I can help with the basics, and I have worked with pre-30's and gotten them much better. If you WANT my help, I will be willing to work with lesser players, if not, I might see how well its run and maybe partake in it. Please tell me what you want me to do .prime