Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Weird Problem With Cs:s Servers

-Broken-

So I had bought my girlfriend a copy of CS:S last week and she had been playing on the jailbreak server just fine up until yesterday. As of yesterday her account just sits there at Connecting to server until it spits out the Connection failed after 4 retries when trying to connect to any of the US HG CS:S servers. It has given this error both on her desktop in her apartment and my laptop here. I tried to troubleshoot to see if it was something I could do something about but when I logged in my steam account on my laptop it connected just fine. Does anyone know what would cause this and/or how to fix it?

Does the computer/laptop have McAfee? That tends to block you from joining servers.

Try turning off firewall + any antiviruses and try again.

I know your account works on the laptop, but that's the only thing I could think of, since your account works but her's doesn't.

Also, make sure you don't have any launch options. And make sure your ISP isn't blocking any ports.