Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Suggestions

Suggestions  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey, I've been getting a lot of suggestions to replace Soccer in the CS:GO server with something that we would actually use.

Honestly, out of the months I've been playing in the server, I've never seen soccer been used once successfully and have been getting a bunch of requests to replace it with something else (since the map size is big, and to replace something we don't use rather than just adding something new would help maintain the file size.)

I posted a poll of some of the suggestions we got, feel free to give your own or vote for which one you think is the coolest!

Also, feel free to give any other suggestions/bug fixes that you would like on the map~

inb4 bonbon gets mad at the thought of him having to add another map

Edited by salsa

I like the idea of soccer, but i think it is currently being executed poorly.

• Make soccer field at least twice as large. Perhaps, need to orient it the other way to do so.
  • Next, make a control panel for soccer that 1) can close "doors" to soccer, 2) have various options for soccer ball, (Small ball vs big ball, "weight" of ball (ie the gravity i guess), maybe some other option).
  • Next, I think soccer should not remove knives, and knifing the ball should be how the ball is moved. Holding E is boring. Knifing things is fun. Get it?
  • For clarification, I think we should be able to launch the ball across at least half of the field by knifing the ball (although again, weight of ball can be decided/controlled by the control panel).
  • Finally, around the soccer field, there should be various obstacles that are able to be jumped to in a row without falling to the floor. This would be good for making a parkour day or whatnot. Maybe 75% of jumps are easy, 25% are hard or something. *shrugs*

Something else to consider is to make the big soccer field on a lower level of height so CT's can run around the edges and watch the T's play like if they were in a stadium.

Edited by Jadis

I like the idea of soccer, but i think it is currently being executed poorly.

• Make soccer field at least twice as large. Perhaps, need to orient it the other way to do so.
  • Next, make a control panel for soccer that 1) can close "doors" to soccer, 2) have various options for soccer ball, (Small ball vs big ball, "weight" of ball (ie the gravity i guess), maybe some other option).
  • Next, I think soccer should not remove knives, and knifing the ball should be how the ball is moved. Holding E is boring. Knifing things is fun. Get it?
  • For clarification, I think we should be able to launch the ball across at least half of the field by knifing the ball (although again, weight of ball can be decided/controlled by the control panel).
  • Finally, around the soccer field, there should be various obstacles that are able to be jumped to in a row without falling to the floor. This would be good for making a parkour day or whatnot. Maybe 75% of jumps are easy, 25% are hard or something. *shrugs*

Knifing would make it so that people could easily rebel, or even worse - accidentally rebel. Also physics suck balls in GO and knifing wouldn't relaly function as you think it would.

Knifing would make it so that people could easily rebel, or even worse - accidentally rebel. Also physics suck balls in GO and knifing wouldn't relaly function as you think it would.

Yeah wasn't sure how the physics were in GO. :( I think soccer should be more about TvT not TvCT though, so knives wouldn't really be a huge concern for raboobling. Thx for reading.