Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Hellsgamers Cs:go Christmas Event!

This even has been approved by Ragequit and is currently being worked on by me and Bort, as of now it is pretty much officially happening.

Here's my idea, feel free to comment on it or post suggestions for mini games!

So we are going to host a Christmas event some time before or after Christmas, preferably on a day or weekend in the evening when everyone is off of work or free on vacation.The event would last anywhere from 1-3 hours depending on how big we decide to make it. My idea for an event would be a widescale minigame competition cut off between two big teams (we're talking at least 20 people per team) that would be run by two judges/hosts (me being one of them, and probably Ragequit as the other since he is the CS:GO advisor.) The map would be a custom map made by me specifically for this event and possibly events in the future. It would probably winter-themed in light of the holiday spirit and include the following things I've listed down below. The map would be set up so that the hosts of the event have their own panel from way on top of the map where they can see everything that's going on and so the other teams can also seem without the hosts interferring with the competitions. The hosts will be used primarily to organize what's going on and make sure everyone is playing fair. The two teams will battle out in specific levels, each in a particular order, all the way until the very end and the score will be tallied until the very end where we will determine the victor (and perhaps they could get a prize or something like rep.)

Some of the minigames I had in mind were:

• HE Grenade Match - CT's and T's will battle each other out in a dodgeball type arena, except the balls are grenades.
  • Dodgeball Match - very much like our dodgeball LR, where everyone's HP gets set to 1 and you must hit the opposing players with a flash bang in order to kill them.
  • Obstacle race - Will include things like jump rope, hurdles, moving platforms, lava, etc.
  • Climb race
  • USP Ninja's - CT's will be able to hide in a building with MANY hiding spots and cover areas but are only equipped with P2000's. The T's can buy any weapons and must infilitrate the area and kill all the CT's before the timer rounds out.\
  • Shotgun Wars - here's a little twist though, the whole arena is nearly pitch black and the only way to see someone is either to see their muzzle flash or to be extremely close to them.
  • Glass wars - I have two ideas for this. The first idea is that CT's and T's are given hegrenades and must battle each other out in a purely glass arena, where everything is made of glass and there's a pit below them that will lead them to their death if they happen to fall off a broken glass OR CT's and T's have unlimited HP and can only die by falling through the glass into the pit.
  • Mario Kart Race
  • A maze
  • Another maze - except this one there is a battle that goes on between the CT's and T's. Within the maze there will be random guns both teams can find if they get lucky (with very little ammo), which they can use to defeat the CT's and T's. Over time the maze will disenegrate until there are no walls left. Both teams start only with a knife.
  • Trivia match
  • Dodge stage
  • Scoutzknives stage on two pirate ships with low gravity
  • Big soccer match
  • Knife arena

Those are the ideas I have so far, of course we won't impliment all of them, but maybe 10 of the best ones (unless we get more ideas too, which is highly recommended you suggest!)

Me and Bort are working on the technical side of this. As of now our two hosts will be me and Ragequit, with guest commentator Robzombie.

Edited by salsa
  • Like 3

I would recommad on chrismas we should have a rep giveaway Contest One of the *A* OR *L* Should COme on the server and Start Giving Rep :D it would be a sick idea

Sorry, Punisher but this discussion is for the mature members of the community as I stated already I am only looking for serious suggestions. I know English probably isn't your first language and I'm not insulting you based on it. I just believe only the mature ("grown-up") members of the community should be in charge of this since it's something that needs to be highly organized and planned.

Though your idea may seem cool, I don't know if schools are teaching kids this when they are 13 years old but having a rep giveaway is not only lacking in creativity (or fun), it will also cause inflation in the rep system and the value of rep will go down, thus making the price of everything else go up (if it does not we'll have people buying the black out the map every round because of all the rep floating around or gangs advancing 5 levels without even doing anything etc. etc.)

And that's hardly an event. Rep is something that should be earned, not given away to children who beg for it like cand candy. If we have a rep giveaway it should not be given to just anyone. AS I ALREADY STATED (obviously you haven't even read my thing) particular winners would get rep or some other award. At least then it is earned and it gives people an incentive to be competitive.

Edited by salsa
  • Like 2

Salsa, this is a great idea. You seem to have put a lot of thought into this, and should definitely talk to Bon Bon or someone about this.

My only addition would be that it goes on for a week or so, on a different purpose server. Maybe not hold events the whole time, but maybe 2 a day. This way we could attract new players and give them a HG welcome.

And have adverts for the JB server and HG.com running the whole time. This would require a heck load of supervision to make it something really special, but It would also benefit us hugely.

Sorry, Punisher but this discussion is for the mature members of the community as I stated already I am only looking for serious suggestions. I know English probably isn't your first language and I'm not insulting you based on it. I just believe only the mature ("grown-up") members of the community should be in charge of this since it's something that needs to be highly organized and planned.

Though your idea may seem cool, I don't know if schools are teaching kids this when they are 13 years old but having a rep giveaway is not only lacking in creativity (or fun), it will also cause inflation in the rep system and the value of rep will go down, thus making the price of everything else go up (if it does not we'll have people buying the black out the map every round because of all the rep floating around or gangs advancing 5 levels without even doing anything etc. etc.)

And that's hardly an event. Rep is something that should be earned, not given away to children who beg for it like cand candy. If we have a rep giveaway it should not be given to just anyone. AS I ALREADY STATED (obviously you haven't even read my thing) particular winners would get rep or some other award. At least then it is earned and it gives people an incentive to be competitive.

How about lets not knock other people's ideas even if they make no sense whatsoever. Simple ideas can grow into bigger ideas or we can see something that's bad and make it good.

• Like 1

How about lets not knock other people's ideas even if they make no sense whatsoever. Simple ideas can grow into bigger ideas or we can see something that's bad and make it good.

I know people ought to be respectful of other members, but you must understand Punisher is merely just trying to troll. He doesn't like me for some reason and I won't let him ruin a thread I took time to type out with dumb things. We see something that's bad about his idea, yes, so I made it good by disregarding it. I'm not going to "work on someone's idea" if it's stupid. I'm looking for creative thoughts, not some troll posts.

Edited by salsa

I know people ought to be respectful of other members, but you must understand Punisher is merely just trying to troll. He doesn't like me for some reason and I won't let him ruin a thread I took time to type out with dumb things. We see something that's bad about his idea, yes, so I made it good by disregarding it. I'm not going to "work on someone's idea" if it's stupid. I'm looking for creative thoughts, not some troll posts.

How about asking an advisor+ to have it removed instead of being childish and responding to it.

How about asking an advisor+ to have it removed instead of being childish and responding to it.

Says the person who responded. You could do your adminly job and just delete the dumb argument posts instead of exacerbating them.

btw edited my first post - this has been approved and is currently in the works by me and bort~

Edited by salsa

Says the person who responded. You could do your adminly job and just delete the dumb argument posts instead of exacerbating them.

btw edited my first post - this has been approved and is currently in the works by me and bort~

This is certainly an inappropriate way to answer.

First, if bort has approved it then great! Just work with bort and do what you need to do to get these christmas event ideas.

No need to attack, I'm sure beast was just trying to follow procedure (as we suggest people who want to get ideas to leadership is to follow the chain of command).

Please discontinue your aggressive behaviour as it is not helping this situation.

• 2 weeks later...