Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Help Blackberry Build A Computer For His Nephew!

blackberry4511

Like the title says, i want to build a computer for my nephew. Hes been wanting to build one for a year now but has never really made the jump because he doesnt know where to start. He said his budget was 600 dollars, if he had one, but i feel like spending a little bit more. I already bought a case for him, i think it's called a Vengeance c70. Its green, looks like a military ammo box and looked all around cool. So, basicly i need help filling this thing. I would first like to see what i can do with 600 bucks just buying internals, so fans, cpus, motherboards everything. Then i also want a list of stuff that is freakin sweat stuff for a great price, lets say maybe a 1000 dollar budget on that. Also if there is any other cool stuff that i should get let me know! Thanks for your time if you do end up helping me, if not thanks anyway for looking.

Also if there is so many speeling errors and shit, its because im on a phone. So yeah.

Oh and i need a killer keyboard to, thats not included in the budget.

Edited by blackberry4511

I highly suggest these accessories:

Keyboard: http://www.razerzone...er-deathstalker

Headset: http://www.razerzone...azer-kraken-pro

Mouse: http://www.razerzone...tore/razer-naga

I also suggest at least 1TB hard drive space. And that case looks very closed up. So maybe some very good fans.

Edited by FluffehA7X

I want to stay with store bought stuff for right now. There is a microcenter by me, which is just like newegg but it is an actual store, like target. Also the case is has lots of vents, i mean lots. I load some pics up as soon as i get home. Oh and tell me what YOU would buy if you could blow 600 to 1000 dollars on internals.

Edited by blackberry4511

Here's what he wants:

970 Extreme4 Socket AM3+ 970 ATX AMD Motherboard

Core i5 3470 3.2GHz LGA 1155 Boxed Processor

GV-N650OC-2GI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 HD Experience Series OC 2048MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card

sorry the motherboard and processor you've selected don't mix :(

I would suggest if you have purchased him a case like the C70, get the Asus Sabertooth. The colours will ;probably match a bit more closely

sorry the motherboard and processor you've selected don't mix :(

I would suggest if you have purchased him a case like the C70, get the Asus Sabertooth. The colours will ;probably match a bit more closely

He selected it not I. Also what would be a good processor for thew mother board, i know it needs an Intel, but what specific intel processer would be good?

Well if you are willing to spend 1k like you said then you might as well get an i7 with that motherboard

I am not going to spend 1k on a single thing for this computer (referring to the 3970x). But i will look into the other i7s. I am looking at the 3820. If anyone has it, tell me if its worth it or not.

Exactly what i would have suggested. Apart from the HDD, i'd look more towards the WD Caviar line, Black is best for gaming, Blue is good and cost effective.

Also, if theres a bit of cash left over, upgrade to the 660ti. Card almost beats a 580

CPU: i5 3570K or i7 3770k

CPU Cooler: Hyper 212+ (with a second fan) or Corsair H100i

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 or ASUS Sabertooth Z77

RAM: 8GB or 16GB (with either, make sure its 1600Mhz and 9ms latency or lower)

Graphics Card: 650TI or 660TI

PSU: Corsair CX500 (if you don't plan on running 2 graphics cards in SLI in the future) or Corsair TX750M (if you do want to run 2)

HDD: 500GB or 1000GB or 2000 (Get WD Caviar Black drives, they're worth it.)

SSD: Cache using Z77 chipset or as a boot drive

Optical: any dvd-rw to write the OS, after that you'll barely use it...

Mouse: I have a G500 by Logitech, I love it but I'd also consider the Razer Deathadder or Mionix Naos.

Keyboard: I also like my Logitech G510 but I've got my eyes set on a new Razer Black Widow Ultimate Mechanical Keyboard.

Monitor: 1080p, LED backlit if possible. You want a 120Hz monitor if it's within budget.

Hope this helps you out a bit! This is what I would build on your budget, I didn't do the math but I'm pretty sure you can't fit everything from the second options, so that comes down to personal preference.

I suggest an i5-3570K over an i7-3770K because for gaming, the remaining threads on an i7 would just be left idle. You will have more than enough performance for all games with an 3570K on stock and you can always overclock it if you feel like it.

FANS! I NEED FANS! AND WHAT TYPE!

For case fans, I like using cooler master with rubber grommets because it's cheap, quiet and gets the job done. If you have a CPU cooler that uses 120MM or 140MM fans, I use fans with thicker blades and higher speeds because they tend to have better performance, thus cooler CPU.

Edited by MetalLobster