Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[Hello] The Story of: Awolfpup

Hello fellow CS:S players/Clan members:

Where does one begin with these things... lets start with...

How I got into playing CS...yeah..thats a good spot...

The story begins back several years ago, when a book was written by a favorite author of mine...I liked how the author took real world events, tech, weapons, etc and wrote such wonderful detailed novels... actually got to meet him during a Dragon*Con event back in the early 90's...a very down to earth and laid back guy...

The first book in the story I read, was the Hunt for Red October[not the movie version]; then came the 2nd book Cardinal of the Kremlin[this story was skipped in the progession of the movies and actually first introduced the character: John Clark].... Then the next book in sequence was the Patriot Games followed by the Clear and Present Danger...Then came of course Sum of all fears[the movie is very different and does not follow the book version] as the story of Jack Ryan continues on for several more books...however it was after the bookd "Executive Decision" that brings me to the book that got me interested in counter terrorism... That book by author: Tom Clancy was/is called: Rainbow Six

=====

Edited for extra content: Forgot to mention, that the importance of John Clark in the series, he becomes the head of the CT division known as: Rainbow His designation is [6], For those of you who have seen the movie Clear and Present Danger -- If you remember the character: Chavez? [the sniper who lived wile his squad got horse corraled and mostly killed?] He is Rainbow 1 as I recall... and the chavez character marries John Clark's daughter! Needless to say...the Jack Ryan novel series is great... Tom clancy wanted Harrison Ford to play the character Jack Ryan in the movie: Hunt for Red October, but he was tied up with another movie that he could not get out of at the time. That way he would be in Hunt, Patriot games, Clear and Present Danger...

Extra side note:

There is a part in the book: Cardinal of the Kremlin that occurs and it actually sets the stage for the ending of Sum of All Fears when you see Ben Affleck's character talking on the hotline to the russian president just before they are about to launch nukes at one another. The reason that the president knows that he truly is talking with Jack Ryan was because during the rescue of the high ranking defecting KGB offical[Cardinal of the Kremlin], Jack Ryan fell from the plane as it was taking off; while the plane got away with the KGB defector.

When the KGB police cars caught up with Jack Ryan laying on the tarmac..the car [Ryan] was placed in; he was forced to siti next to a high ranking KGB agent who was holding a gun to Ryan's head...that same high ranking kgb agent, later is elected to the presidency of the Soviet Union... hence...at least in the original book version...that is how Jack Ryan stopped world war III from occuring at the end of the Sum of All Fears... cause he knew the president long before he became president...and actually reminded the soviet president ... "cause you held a gun to my head"...

====

The game itself I have to admit follows the book very nicely[the original game not the sequels of the game itself]... the game followed the settings, movie studio, mansion, etc... everything you do in the original game was talked about the in the book of the same name...

I liked how the game would not let your jump, as is talked about in training for counter-terrorism, jumping is an uncontrolled activity, as once your in the air you are limited to what you can do. The game reflected this, you could climb up items, boxes, ladders etc...but you could not jump in any way, shape or form...

then as I was playing with folks on RB6, I was hearing them talk about another CT/T based game called Counter-Strike that was being based on the the half-life graphics engine. I checked it out and the graphics for the time weren't that bad... but the omg the the net coding was horrible..i had just gotten DSL for my home while most peeps were on dial-up...players who were on dial-up would appear to be not just warping but teleporting from place to place as they were moving from my point of view...so one had to literally watch the person for a bit, then fire, where you thought they were going to be on the next warp/teleport..needless to say...it was very frustrating...went back to playing RB6 for another few months then came back when version 1.1 came out and the net code was much improved and I have been playing the game pretty much ever since...

How I play CS:S...I try to go for the mission, the mission is first, all else is second...If I had a choice between shooting the last T on the map and I have hostages tagging along, i would rescue the hostages first then kill the T if time permitted..I actually did this recently on the server just a few days ago...I had all [4] hosties with me, there was a T with an AWP in the garage, I ran to the open doorway to the right[facing the open non-garage door area of the CT spawn area]...I ran to the right, hosties were rescued, which in turn gives money to my team mates...since I play with a headset w/ mic I heard the T's foot steps coming towards me... I ran out and shot and killed him with my colt just before the game ended the round...

I will even rescue the hosties[if I can] in separate attemps via [2] at time... now some folks ask, why would you rescue the [4] hosties separately?? The answer is simple: fundage!

Money may not always be an issue as the admin's I've noticed are generous about giving both teams max funds, but when they aren't around to hand out those funds, those [2] hosties being rescued provides you with enough funds to buy armor w/ helmet and a colt!! Which means it gives our guys a fighitng chance against the T's with AK's...

If I play T on office, my strate is simple...rush the CT's...especially if I spawn near the garage door area from T spawn...office is a rush map...first one to a choke point should be able to hold it...which is why you will see a dead pup carcass laying down around this area...

If I play CT, I vary my tactic's depending on the skill level and strategy the T's are using..an exploit there open holes in there defense, get in, rescue the hosties and get out before they even know whats going on... of couse I use a simple buy script and F2 to repeat my previous equipment layout saves a lot of time at the start of the round, running with my knife out I usually get to a choke point before the T's. Then let the carnage begin...

well...I think I have bored you all enough...anything else you want to know...just ask..or check out my personal web site for more info as well that I may not have posted here...

Looking forward to kil--- er..um.. seeing you all in the server... :rock2:

- the pup

Edited by Awolfpup