Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Logitech G930 Microphone Issue

DarkMonotone

So my problem with my new headset, is that the mic quality sounds like I'm talking on a microphone from the 1940's in a tin can. I checked the microphone settings and it's set to "tape recorder quality" at 16hz, and you cannot change this setting. I looked on the Logitech support website and apparently it's set this way so the surround sound has more bandwith, but I know tons of people with this headset (Monkey being one) that have perfect mic quality. Numerous threads have been made on the Logitech support website with this same issue and none of them have any solutions that work to fix the problem. I'd really hate to think I spent $160 for a product that has worse mic quality then a $10 microphone from Walmart.

So what's my solution?

Edited by Mèrcury

The reason i got rid of this headset is because of the annoying driver. (and the constant buzzing)

The only way I could get it to work was to run it as administrator every time I turned my computer on (even when everything is set to run as admin). If that doesn't work then try re installing TS which worked for some people on there site. (as did re installing their OS, but i wouldn't go that far yet)

Also, did you configure the mic in windows? Also lower the side tone.

If you just got it i would just return it and try a new one. The g930 was only 100 when I got it, why you pay so much :P

The reason i got rid of this headset is because of the annoying driver. (and the constant buzzing)

The only way I could get it to work was to run it as administrator every time I turned my computer on (even when everything is set to run as admin). If that doesn't work then try re installing TS which worked for some people on there site. (as did re installing their OS, but i wouldn't go that far yet)

Also, did you configure the mic in windows? Also lower the side tone.

If you just got it i would just return it and try a new one. The g930 was only 100 when I got it, why you pay so much :P

I'll try these. I paid $100 as well, but I was trying to say that I hope a headset worth $160 isn't this bad.

And what should I run as administrator?

Edited by Mèrcury

Run the g930 driver in administrator. (http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/wireless-gaming-headset-g930?section=downloads&crid=407&osid=14&bit=64) Just in case you haven't installed it yet.

My issue with getting the surround to work and some of the buzzing to stop required me to re launch the driver whenever it buzzed really loud or for no reason the surround turned off.

So basically every hour i was right clicking the stupid driver icon in the hidden icon section exiting the driver then i had to open it up by right clicking it in programs and hitting run as admin. Was the most annoying thing ever haha. Had requested an RMA from logitech because when it did work and not buzz it was great, but that was only about 30% of the time. But they said it was an issue with another wireless device that i owned (naga epic which is also gone because it blowed) and the run as admin would get fixed in the next software update (never did).

Long story short a month ago i sold it on ebay. Never buying logitec again