Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[Map Making] Good CS:S tutorial anyone??

Awolfpup

I wanted to find out if anyone knows/familiar with making maps in CS:S?

I've been wanting to create one map from scratch and another map I would like to modify.

I'm sure for those of you have played CS 1.x remember the map cs_estate ? Well, that map has yet to be brought over to CS:S that I can tell; but I want to give it more of a RB6 mansion feel instead of the small square 2 level building it had with the [2] rooms for the hosties....

So I'm hoping some folks on here can tell me, what software is needed to make a map for CS:S?

The map I want to modify that I have yet to see in CS:S is a version of cs_assault that has a new way into the building!

You need to install the Source SDK off of your steam games menu. It's completely free. However it can be a bitch jumping right into mapping the first time.

Here's a few links I recommend:

This is the Source SDK Wiki. It doesn't really have a tutorial, but it's still very informative.

Here Is a listing of mapping tutorials on fpsbanana. They have a few good ones on there.

And finally, this page contains direct links to many useful tutorials.

It's easy to get started in mapping, but getting your product to be what you want is another matter entirely. Keep at it though, and you'll get it!