Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Help & Faq - Hg Dayz

Pilpest

As this game is still a mod, and has many problems I have made a Help and FAQ for DayZ. This is for trying to connect to a server and any further assistance any HG member or I can help you with, I have provided as much information as I can off the top of my head, if you think you have something to add, please feel free to post it in this thread.

-MAKE SURE YOU LAUNCH BOTH ARMA2 (FREE) AND ARMA2 OPERATION ARRROWHEAD AND PLAY SINGLEPLAYER MUST BEABLE TO MOVE AROUND-

-TAKE YOUR ADDONS FROM ARMA2 AND COPY TO YOUR ARMA2 OPERATION ARROWHEAD-

Help -

How do I play DayZ?

DayZMod is based off of Arma2 OA (Operation Arrowhead). The mod requires addons, and the latest beta patch. This all can be done by downloading/installing ARMA2 OA (Operation Arrowhead) through steam, and going to the DayZCommander’s main website, and downloading and installing

DayZCommander. -- Link to DayZCommander's Download -- Click this button at the bottom right. -

DownloadDayZ.png

When you finish installing DayZCommander, start DayZCommander and click the install/update tab.

InstallUpdatebutton.png

Install ARMA 2 OA beta patch 100296.

ArmaOAUptodate.png

Also install DayZ

DayZUpdate.png

Also if you scroll down, and find DayZ Namalsk 0.73

NamalskInstall.png

In-order to play on HeLLsGamer’s DayZ server you will need 100296 Arma2 OA Beta Patch, DayZ 1.7.4.4 and Namalsk 0.73, if an update happens, new information will be posted.

---STEAM--- (You can use DayZCommander to install the addons/maps/versions of DayZ, ARMA2 OA Beta Patch, and latest maps) ---STEAM--

If you have problems with connecting to DayZ, refer to the FAQ below.

FAQ-

General:

Question- When I join the server, the screen goes black and I am taken back to the main menu.

Answer- Make sure you have the latest Namalsk map installed, or have it installed at all.

Question- Bad version, sever connection failed.

Answer- You have the wrong ARMA2 beta patch, current server version is 100296.

Question- When I join the server it says Global ban #(letters/numbers).

Answer- You’ve been banned by BattlEye, there is no unban request and we cannot help you.

Question- I have graphic problems, it looks like a blob stretching across my screen, or when I look towards a certain area.

Answer- This problem hasn’t been fixed entirely, but you can fix it by increasing your graphics in-game.

Question- When I join the server, it says “You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.Namalsk.â€

Answer- Download the Namalsk files from nightstalker.cz, or by download/install from DayZCommander in the install/update tab.

Question- When I join the server, I get kicked for "BattlEye: Script Restriction #44"

Answer- This bug is because you have an updated Arma2 OA, as #44 relates to clothing such as a ghili suit, simply rejoin and try again, if you get kicked more then 3 times, restart your game, and that doesn't work come to the forums and post in here.

Question- When I join the server, and I get in a vehicle and shoot I get kicked for "BattlEye: Script Restriction #85"

Answer- Armored vehicles have guns that aren't in DayZ, but are in Arma2 OA and so BattlEye will kick you for using it.

Steam:

Question- When I start up ARMA2 OA through steam, it shows regular ARMA2 OA servers, not DayZ servers.

Answer- You do not have DayZ installed, or enabled. Check the expansions on the main menu and look for @DayZ and @DayZ Namalsk. If they are not in the expansions, download them and follow the tutorial in the help part of this post.

Question- I can't see some of the vehicles or guns on the server.

Answer- Steam does not give you all the proper files, and start up correctly, uses dayzcommander to launch DayZ and connect to the server, this will allow you to get the vehicles and guns you weren't able to see to show up.

Question- Reserved.

Answer- Reserved.

Edited by Pilpest
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...