Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

My New Computer

italk

If you're going to post, actually do the entire build. He obviously doesn't know what to do so he needs help. Mcwillz build is good to go

GPU - GTX 660 ti

CPU - Intel i5-3570k

Case - You decide (I use NZXT Phantom 410)

PSU - Corsair CX600

For cooling I recommend the Corsair H100i

28832927b3ef4e9ea017f35b9db2d863.png

bf90dabab018adbf5ac2b68e22d2fa13.png

33198349d0eec31d12dc82588935abcc.png

Total: $946.91

$55 in mail-in rebates: $896.91

I can put together another build if you want, but I wouldn't really recommend anything AMD.... maybe an older Phenom II but not an FX series processor

FX runs perfectly fine, I have a 6300 overclocked at 4.3, with a 7870, getting perfect fps in source, along with Gmod, Hitman, CS:GO, and Assassin's creed 3..

FX runs perfectly fine, I have a 6300 overclocked at 4.3, with a 7870, getting perfect fps in source, along with Gmod, Hitman, CS:GO, and Assassin's creed 3..

Just based on benchmarks and what I saw when the FX series came out, core-per-core Ivy Bridge CPU's will obliterate them.

Intel will always blow an amd out of the water with benchmarks. AMD is a budget builders dream, but based on your budget italk an intel chip is a much better choice for gaming.

AMD will run fine, but if you are looking for the best performance then intel is the only choice. I used to love amd, but since the bulldozer release they've just been pushing out let down after let down.

Edited by AnonyHorse
  • Like 1

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16819113284

AMD's newest, fastest 8 core

Never ever get a Bulldozer. That is AMD's newest, but it isn't their fastest, their fastest is the Phenom II processers. If I were you I would go with a i5-2500k or i5-3570k, if you have some extra room in your budget. If you don't a Phenom II x4 is a great second choice.

Edited by Wookiefister

Never ever get a Bulldozer. That is AMD's newest, but it isn't their fastest, their fastest is the Phenom II processers. If I were you I would go with a i5-2500k or i5-3570k, if you have some extra room in your budget. If you don't a Phenom II x4 is a great second choice.

He said AMD.

Also, my 6 core FX 6200 (stock speeds) is incredibly fast. Faster than my Dads Phenom II computer with barely anything on it and the same RAM.

Grease lightning that depends on what phenom II your dad has, a phenom II x2 could easily get outperformed by a FX series processor where as a phenom II x4 black edition could not be outperformed by any FX series processor. Also I said to stay away from bulldozer processors not FX processors the FX-8xxx processors are the bulldozers, the FX-6xxx, FX-4xxx, FX-3xxx, or FX-2xxx series processors are not.