Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Need A Good C Compiler

jajolt

Yeah, I'm starting to learn C so then I can move on to do C like languages, such as Sourcepawn, etc. I need a C compiler to read the programs that I type from my book so things can be done more effectively. I need a link to one that is easy to install and is not for like windows ME.

I wouldn't recommend Visual Studio as your first to use. Do code blocks first it's beginner friendly. Also, you don't really need to learn C before SourcePawn. I learned Sourcepawn first and then went to C++.

Don't use Dev-C++ since it is very deprecated and out-of-date compared to many current IDEs.

Edited by BlackEyes

Also, you don't really need to learn C before SourcePawn. I learned Sourcepawn first and then went to C++.

I can partially agree to that. Depending on your learning style, you may want to start C first then evolve to may higher-level languages like C++ C# or something like that.

It also depends on what path you want to go. I would say go C -> C++ /C# / VBnet / Java -> whatever you want after

IF you plan only ot program for games, then eh do your C training then SourcePawn.

However, some people learn better by going from a high level programming language (like SourcePawn) to a lower one like C or Assembly.

Technically C isn't that low but it is pretty low on the chain of programming languages.

I can partially agree to that. Depending on your learning style, you may want to start C first then evolve to may higher-level languages like C++ C# or something like that.

It also depends on what path you want to go. I would say go C -> C++ /C# / VBnet / Java -> whatever you want after

IF you plan only ot program for games, then eh do your C training then SourcePawn.

However, some people learn better by going from a high level programming language (like SourcePawn) to a lower one like C or Assembly.

Technically C isn't that low but it is pretty low on the chain of programming languages.

Well I mean the reason I'm doing C first mainly is because I have a book that is easier to understand (and more accurate) than online tutorials and there's no book on sourcepawn lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...