Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[CS:S] Need Map making assistance...

Awolfpup

I've been up all night working on my first map, and I got the thing to compile! Yeah...however I have the following problems...

I have successfully made a version of cs_estate[or at least my version of it for CSS!]...

1. I seem to be missing the "func_hostage_rescue" from my entity brush list, its not there??

2. When I walk up to a hostie, he says he will follow me..but just stand in his spawn point area.[not spawning in or near anything that could prevent him from walking with me!]

3. Can't figure out how to get the doors to work...but that can wait for later...if I can get the first [2] issues resolved..this map is done...

I read the SDK and it said that I don't need to create the pathing for the Hosties as that is handled by netmesh automatically??

thanks for any and all help!!

- the pup

Try to Lift your hostie entitie off the ground... so its like 2-3 boxes off the floor...

And what kinda doo are you making? Rotating or, slide door?

Tried lifting the hosties up off the ground, no go...I think i still need the rescue zone function which is not showing up in my brush list as well as the buy zone functon...neither of these is showing up in my list.

Update:

Moving in the right direction, i figured out the buy and hostage zones thingy and now trying to figure out a problem I'm having with the prop_rotating_door.

The doors work in the map[i.e. meaning that they open], but when I try to walk through the door I get stopped; but yet there's plenty of room to walk through, but something is stopping me from walking through the now open doorway.

ok, if you zoom in to the rotating door on the top veiw... you will see a little white circle in the middle of the door, you need to move that circle to the side you want you door to rotate around...

hmm..i think I know the circle your talking about, but I'm not sure[at work atm]...

but last night, I do recall moving what looks like [2] little round blue spheres around from the center of the door outward I wasn't for sure what they did or how to use them...one facing to the outside and one facing to the inside that one can walk through...

the doors do swing out though when a CT opens the doors...

also the hosties respond to me when I'm asking them to follow me but then they never move, they stay put...they are above the ground, not near/in anything that would stop them from moving at all..but mind you this is only in the test, I have not placed the map in any server as of yet...

hmm...i tried that as well, but still couldn't quite get to work correctly...

so I went ahead and tested the map in every other respect...

I got the hosties to work, they will now follow the CT's around like they are suppose too!!!

I actually had to widened a few door/walkways as the poor hostages kept getting stuck, but thats resolved...

I have zipped up the files and uploaded the zip for anyone who wants it here... if you can add the rotating doors and get them to work..go for it and and add your self to the readme file for cred...

The zip file is located here:

http://www.awolfpupsden.com/cs_estate_css_ver.ZIP

Now who do I talk to around here about having a custom map being uploaded to a server for HG??

-the pup

im not seeing any doors at all. nice map though.

With the help of M3rg3, thanks! he was able to add the doors and windows for me to the map, the doors and breakable windows adds so much more and make it look more like the original map from CS 1.x!!

Thanks so very much dude! cheers! ;)

Just click on the same link I posted above in my earlier post and one can download the finished map!

not when your a CT, with 3 hosties tagging along and your trying to get them home...to get fundage for your team for the next round...and your surrounded by T's closing in on you...then you go all neo-ish on them and dodge bullets left and right...running in between the walls as cover to get your butt to the rescue zone...

:D