Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Something That Annoys The Shit Out Of Me

SpOoKyWaTeR

What I don't get is why people use the word "hacker" to define someone with a modded game client. To me it seems really ignorant when people use the term "hacker". Not to mention it does make you sound like a whiny 5 year old. Don't get me wrong though, I've called people hackers before, quite recently actually. I don't know, I all of a sudden just started thinking about it.

Opinions?

Edited by SpOoKyWaTeR

What I don't get is why people use the word "hacker" to define someone with a modded game client. To me it seems really ignorant when people use the term "hacker". Not to mention it does make you sound like a whiny 5 year old. Don't get me wrong though, I've called people hackers before, quite recently actually. I don't know, I all of a sudden just started thinking about it.

Opinions?

Because douchbag was already taken.

• Like 4

Opinions?

why?

Opinions?

Because telling them to kill themselves might implicate you in cyber bullying when they commit suicide.

And what do you mean "modded client?" If you can see someone through a wall then you deserve to disappear.

If you are looking for a strict definition of a hacker then one who may "heavily modify software or hardware of their own computer system" is a hacker.

Because telling them to kill themselves might implicate you in cyber bullying when they commit suicide.

And what do you mean "modded client?" If you can see someone through a wall then you deserve to disappear.

If you are looking for a strict definition of a hacker then one who may "heavily modify software or hardware of their own computer system" is a hacker.

Definition of a hacker

• An enthusiastic and skillful computer programmer or user.

• A person who uses computers to gain unauthorized access to data.

most people who use modded clients just download them from google, youtube, and some fucking forum I forgot the name of.

Hacking is illegal (in the u.s.) modifying a game client to fuck with people on counterstrike, minecraft, ect isn't.

Edited by SpOoKyWaTeR

Definition of a hacker

• An enthusiastic and skillful computer programmer or user.

• A person who uses computers to gain unauthorized access to data.

most people who use modded clients just download them from google, youtube, and some fucking forum I forgot the name of.

Hacking is illegal (in the u.s.) modifying a game client to fuck with people on counterstrike, minecraft, ect isn't.

Hacking is a homonym, as such not all definitions apply to the legal system

Also, you forgot this definition;

Computer hacking is when someone modifies computer hardware or software in a way that alters the creator's original intent.

and I don't think valve's original purpose for cs:s was for kids to run around with aimbots

Edited by Cookie