Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Lol Poll 3

SuperChargerFan

So in the past few ranked games this comp would be put together by accident (I guess) and it has worked SO WELL:

Sona/Leona, Jarvan IV, Miss Fortune, Anivia/Oriana, and a top like Garen/Nasus.

Sona ult, J4 ult, MF ult, Oriana ult, and Garen comes in to spin huehue. It's like pure destruction.

I'd say an AoE all in comp would have to be strongest right now.

Vlad/Kennen Top

Karthus Mid

Amumu Jungle

MF/Ezreal ADC

Sona/Leona Support

alternatively if you want to do a protect the carry with a vayne/kog it could also work

Yorick Top

Orianna Mid

Maokai Jungle

Vayne/Kog'Maw ADC

Alistar/Taric/Nunu Support

and finally the poke comp that can beat anything that has little engage

Jayce Top

Lux Mid

Mundo/Hecarim/Lee Sin Jungle (Mundo only real poker here, others are for disengage)

Ezreal ADC

Sona Support

Edited by BluHorse

I'll make an actual post since people are swacking my Draven swag.

The Asian teams have been running siege comps a lot and it's been paying dividends. Siege comps are comps where you can hold a lane as five around mid-late game and clear wave after wave while poking down the enemy towers until eventually their inhibitor falls from the constant pressure or they try to force you to fight and you win through proper peeling and kiting. The only comp that is really good at beating a siege comp is a full engage comp (double bruiser and tank support; Shyvana, Lee Sin, Leona, MF, Ryze, and Zyra are staples of this comp) but not many people run this comp anymore because it's not good against much else. A good siege comp looks a bit like this:

Top: OLAF, Jayce, Cho'Gath, Singed (clear waves, peel, and initiate when need be)

Mid: ANIVIA/LUX, Orianna, Veigar, Ziggs, Zyra, Twisted Fate (CLEAR WAVES and provide poke; a few provide a chance to catch champs with CC)

Jungle: Amumu, CHO'GATH, Mundo, Jarvan IV, Kayle, Lee Sin (mostly for peel as well as counter engaging when you can win a team fight)

AD Carry: CAITLYN, Ashe, Varus, Draven, Ezreal, Sivir (CLEAR WAVES and provide DPS and kiting power in team fights)

Support: SONA, Taric, Janna, Blitzcrank, Leona (all about peel: they're mostly for getting people out of shit they shouldn't be in)

The best at each is capitalized. They each have an ability (or in Anivia and Cho's case two) that can clearly entire waves in almost one shot. Cait also provides superb range to poke down towers, and Sona can win team fights that may start off poorly.

*EDIT*

I forgot Lux... for shame...

Edited by LazaHorse

So in the past few ranked games this comp would be put together by accident (I guess) and it has worked SO WELL:

Sona/Leona, Jarvan IV, Miss Fortune, Anivia/Oriana, and a top like Garen/Nasus.

Sona ult, J4 ult, MF ult, Oriana ult, and Garen comes in to spin huehue. It's like pure destruction.

You suck.

Top: Malphite Lane dominance + great tanker + one of the best ults in the game

Mid: Morgana Amazing AoE ult (like malph) + strong laning phase + snares are cool

Jungle: Lee Sin Ganks are going to make top/mid cry + another good initiate + can do some carrying and still tank

ADC: Draven CC...and an adc + damage=over 9000! + global influence

Support: Leona That bot lane wombo combo + MOAR CC

Overall: Early game wrecks kids with a lot of cc and tankability with good damage. Late game its all about cc the team down and take their carries first + being much more fed than them