Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Runescape 2007 Return

Nipple

I remember back in late 2004 my friend told me about a game called runescape, which was the first mmorpg i ever played and what really got me interested in PC gaming. i remember quitting the game back in late 07 with the removal of the wilderness, staking, and freetrade. The game became too different for a large portion of the fanbase and many quit. But now jagex has created a new poll and promised to bring back old school runescape from august 10th 2007. This is before anything was removed, before the addition of the grand exchange and right before the addition of god wars.

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=isnWcHuPSR0/sl=0/forums.ws?317,318,490,64252433

Q&A session with many answers to questions ^

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/2007---old-school-runescape-you-vote

information on voting and bringing back the servers

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=s1ReDdU8uww/forums.ws?317,318,543,64241151

FAQ ^

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=s1ReDdU8uww/forums.ws?317,318,501,64240947

great thread explaining what is/isnt in the game ^

http://services.runescape.com/m=poll/rs2007-server

most imporantly, the poll!

The vote is surely going to reach 250k, but if the vote reaches 500k then the old 2007 addition will be added for no extra cost on top of a current membership fee (So you're paying 1 fee for "new/current" runescape (bleh) and the old 07 runescape (yay!))

If the vote reaches 750k (it probably wont..) then the game is split into members and F2P like it was originally.

just letting anyone know that could be interested in this. i know i am. Me and some of my RL friends who used to play way back are going to try it out. The first month will have no additional fee so you can only pay for a normal membership and play the first month (until march 31st) for "free". I'm also going to vote hoping for 500k votes (750k is just insane...lets hope hope lol).

If you hate all of runescape, even old runescape, just exit the thread. no need to post here. Maybe if HG members who like this vote in the pool and spread the word we can help get this thing rolling. also maybe if enough HG members start playing again we could get our own forum section and a separate clan in old runescape.

If the vote doesnt make it to 500k, then i wont be paying the 7.95+5$ to play.. thoughts anyone?

Grand exchange killed RS. Even so, it's been too long for me to remember how to play or anything like that. It lost me after that and I don't think I'd go back.

like i said, all those links there will tell you whats not and what is in the game and i posted a link to a thread which will help you out with getting started if you care. otherwise its no difference to you! :P

Sucks dick, you have to be a member to vote and then pay extra to play it.

yeah it does, but like i said, if the vote reaches 500k (it has a good chance) then you dont have to pay any extra. ALSO the first month (from this friday till march 31st) is free with the purchase of a normal membership and if you vote in the poll.

Edited by Nipple

If they only they made this vote for f2p.. There would of been MILLIONS of votes atleast 2 million+. I`m glad this happened I`ve played runescape for more then 5 years then I quit in 2011. I was actually going to go back but then I saw the rs2007 and I just got so excited :) I hope it reaches at least 500k. Most likely going back to it though.

like i said, all those links there will tell you whats not and what is in the game and i posted a link to a thread which will help you out with getting started if you care. otherwise its no difference to you! :P

yeah it does, but like i said, if the vote reaches 500k (it has a good chance) then you dont have to pay any extra. ALSO the first month (from this friday till march 31st) is free with the purchase of a normal membership and if you vote in the poll.

Wait can`t you just create a new account for membership? or did they get rid of the new account membership feature. I never been on in a long time :l.

The biggest change of all will be the removal of the grand exchange. All the babies are going to cry about having to type "Selling 1k yew logs 410gp ea"

I'd want the old runescape graphics back, as weird as that may sound. The retarded thing about all of this is people are agreeing to pay $7.95 for less of a game than before. Its truly the dumbest thing I've ever witnessed.

Grand exchange killed RS. Even so, it's been too long for me to remember how to play or anything like that. It lost me after that and I don't think I'd go back.

wut o.o

The G.E was the best update yet.

It helped buy/sell items faster and it helps us to understand each item's value.

I no longer care about runescape as Fagex claned me 400M :/

I do plan to vote however ^_^

They roll your character back to that date or everyone has to restart? I can't remember how much of a noob I was back in 07 lol

They didn't get really specific but I saw a post mentioning everyone starts back at level 3 for a time.

They didn't really get specific about it though.

The GE may have been good for smaller trades for most players but for those who merch'd, (or whatever its called) it ruined the game. I left before wilderness was removed, and I'm glad I did (that sucks). They just tried too hard to do too much.

I did play F2P for a while trying to get 99 mining but it just lost it's pizzazz

Edited by xafizzle

Roll back is gonna be what keeps me from playing this.

You have to start from where your character was at that point in time.

no. i gave you links. read them and dont say things that are inncorrect because youve given quite a few people the wrong impression of whats happening.

They roll your character back to that date or everyone has to restart? I can't remember how much of a noob I was back in 07 lol

no, everyone starts over at level 3 with level 1 stats and no money (10 hp) and you start on tutorial island. everyone has to train and get resources for their own until an economy starts up and levels out. your character is not "rolled back" till then. EVERYTHING and EVERYONE is from the very beginning.

The biggest change of all will be the removal of the grand exchange. All the babies are going to cry about having to type "Selling 1k yew logs 410gp ea"

I'd want the old runescape graphics back, as weird as that may sound. The retarded thing about all of this is people are agreeing to pay $7.95 for less of a game than before. Its truly the dumbest thing I've ever witnessed.

the old graphics ARE back.(and sounds.. ect ect, EVERYTHING) its a perfect shapshot in time of august 10th 2007 runescape, except all characters will start from scratch.

and good. fuck the grand exchange.

Edited by Nipple

the way you vote is bad, only members? Also, a lot of people who played 2007 don't play as much anymore. They're not likely to see the poll and vote for it back. I'm looking forward to 2007 though, regardless!

no. its not bad. because it costs them a ton of money to run a dedicated team and to run all the servers for this, so they need to know how many PAYING members will support the idea, that way they know they can cover all their costs (salaries, time, server payments, maintainence, ect ect) and probably make a little profit too (its a business)

If they only they made this vote for f2p.. There would of been MILLIONS of votes atleast 2 million+. I`m glad this happened I`ve played runescape for more then 5 years then I quit in 2011. I was actually going to go back but then I saw the rs2007 and I just got so excited :) I hope it reaches at least 500k. Most likely going back to it though.

Wait can`t you just create a new account for membership? or did they get rid of the new account membership feature. I never been on in a long time :l.

yes you can create a new account for memership. your account will be linked to "new" runescape and runescape 07. your original charcter will be kept the same (with all stats, bank account) on the new runescape. but your character on old runescape will start with nothing on tutorial island at level 3.

Edited by Nipple

• 2 weeks later...

Tbh, I have always been a fan of runescape, i have personally quit rs but not because its a bad game, just because i have done too much on it and i have gotta say to bring back 2007 runescape is defo making me consider playing again. how will people get p-hats, santas, masks's etc?

Tbh, I have always been a fan of runescape, i have personally quit rs but not because its a bad game, just because i have done too much on it and i have gotta say to bring back 2007 runescape is defo making me consider playing again. how will people get p-hats, santas, masks's etc?

No rares.

I played rs for awhile, even had a santa + 100M but jagex is so retarded in so many ways. I would go back to it if i didn't have to pay. remember back in the day when abby whips were 1-2M? now they're 88,697gp, so ridiculous that Jagexs' economy has gone to shit that bad that i lost around 1.3M ._. oh well. i would like to get back into green dragon slaying and bot killing :D