Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Headset

Magic

My birthday is next week and I want to get a PC headset. Are the Astro A40s a good choice? I can really ask for ANY headset as long as it performs well and last a while. I am also looking for comfort as a key component in a headset.

Edited by Magic

Use this: http://gaming-headsets-review.toptenreviews.com/ for a reference.

I am getting the Gamecom 780's within the week. I've heard nothing about positive about them and they are on sale for $55 on Amazon right now. The only advice I can give you other than that is to NOT go with the Turtlebeaches, a lot of people have stated that they are majorly defective and don't like up to their standards.

So i'm looking at the 780s, Astro A40s, Steelseries vh5something, Razer charcharias, and the Razer Megaladon, and I don't know which one to get!

Use this: http://gaming-headse...tenreviews.com/ for a reference.

I am getting the Gamecom 780's within the week. I've heard nothing about positive about them and they are on sale for $55 on Amazon right now. The only advice I can give you other than that is to NOT go with the Turtlebeaches, a lot of people have stated that they are majorly defective and don't like up to their standards.

I've been using this and reading the reviews.

So i'm looking at the 780s, Astro A40s, Steelseries vh5something, Razer charcharias, and the Razer Megaladon, and I don't know which one to get!

I've been using this and reading the reviews.

If you do have NO price cap, I would consider the Astro A40's or the Razer Megaladon, I know a lot of high-end/competitive players that use either of those headsets and are absolutely in love with them.

Getting Astros or Turtlebeaches is retarded, both overpriced. I could recommend Corsair headsets and Roccat. Both really good. Although I know the Corsair 7.1 wireless one is amazing for its price, go check it out!

Branflake will tell you from personal experience that the corsair headsets are, not so good to say the least. I still think the gamecoms are the best for the price.

Branflake will tell you from personal experience that the corsair headsets are, not so good to say the least. I still think the gamecoms are the best for the price.

Considering he said that the price didn't make any difference I didn't recommend any budget headset obviously. :)