Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Quinn And Valor, Demacia's Wings

InstantNoodles

http://leagueoflegen...Quinn_and_Valor

Quinn and Valor are the new champs that came out during the 3/1/2013 patch. It's a new ADC champ that strangely uses two different characters. Because I had some extra IP points, i decided to buy Quinn, here's my impression.

Spells

(Passive) Harrier: Harrier, Quinn's passive, uses her pet valor to mark nearby low health minions or champions. The first basic attack on a marked target gives a damage boost. It makes last hitting so much easier, because it targets low health minions first, also giving you a nice damage boost allowing for a sure kill. It's easier for people who can't last hit (like me.) It's a nice passive but it only works on enemies you can see, so it won't give vision to hidden champs on bushes. But the thing is, if you are in a bush setting up a gank, harrier might mark a nearby minion or champ walking by, giving your position away as an enemy champ finds out you are nearby. It has some value in team fights as it prioritize the lowest health champion first, so allowing for faster kills on dying champs.

(Q) Blinding Assault: Blinding assault is a skill shot that send Valor in a straight line, damaging and blinding everything near the first target it hits. It's amazing because if you hit someone like the ADC with the blind, you have an open window to hit them especially during the laning phase. It should kill most auto attack champions like Ashe or Caityln.

(W) Heighten Senses: Heighten Senses has a passive and a active effect. The passive is that if you hit a marked target with Harrier, your attack speed increases for 2 seconds. It makes picking off champions easier as most of the time, you will be focusing low health champs. With the damage boost and incredible attack speed, most champs would usually die rather quickly. The active effect is that you reveal a large area around you. It's a lot like Ashe's hawkshot and could save you from a gank. Though useful, don't rely on it too much, its cooldown is a bit long so you should still ward!

(E) Vault: Vault is an interesting move. It causes Valor to tackle a target, slowing them, then jump back within maximum attack range. It also automatically applies Harrier to the target you vaulted on. It is insanely useful as you use it as a gap closer, doing a bit of damage while marking the target, then jumping away from them usually within safe distance for auto attacking. The slow can make chasing a lot easier as vault slows them, puts you within range, but usually far away enough from a counter from them. It has slight potential as an escape tool but not really. If your back is against the wall, you can vault on a enemy champ and over the wall but that's doubtful. The purpose of escape is to get away from the enemy, but since the first part of the move requires you to be within melee range of them, they could set up a nice hard CC for you even if you jump away. Great as a gap closer, not so good as a escape move.

( R ) Tag Team: Now this is an interesting ultimate. Quinn switches with Valor, becoming a highly mobile melee champion with amazing movement speed, and the abilities slightly change. Q only applies on enemies nearby you, W gives an amazing attack speed boost, and E dashes to a enemy without jumping back or marking. If R is activated again while playing as Valor, Quinn returns with a rain of arrows, dealing massive damage. It's amazing because your attack speed as valor could nearly double, you have amazing movement speed so you can easily escape or chase with speed. But I have one major issue for the ulti. It changes a squishy range champ into a squishy melee champ. You are still vulnerable to hard CC like Vi's Ulti or Taric's stun. With enough hard CC, they could take you out before you get a chance to pop your rain of arrows. Also as Valor, you gain no armor boost so you are still as squishy as you started with Quinn, except within range of other champs. In my opinions, it has little use in team fights, its great for escaping, chasing or tower destruction as your attack speed nearly doubles.

Early Game

Last hitting became a lot easier as I gain bonus damage to low health creeps, making last hitting easier. Q was useful during skirmishes as the opposing Ashe gets blinded. giving me a couple of hits before the other guy can start damaging. With E, I close a gap, mark the ADC, then do massive damage. It makes hit and run tactics a lot easier. Valor is extremely strong during the laning phase. With W, it could keep you alive since it reveals nearby bushes warning you of a early gank. Using hit and run tactics, Quinn can effectively farm by last-hitting while keeping the enemy harassed. By the time Ashe was lvl 5, I was already effectively lvl 6, soon 7.

Mid Game

Now in team fights, Quinn just becomes your everyday adc. You can't use fault in fear of being hit by some hard CC then raped by the team. W is useless if you know the entire enemy team is there, though if someones missing, you can use it occasionally. Until someone starts a fight, theirs not much you could do. But once the real fight starts, you should do just fine. Attacking marked champions could do some effective burst damage making them easier to handle. If someone tries to target you, you can use E to get out of distance then burst them down. By shooting Q in a stack of enemy champs, you can help out the team by blinding the majority of the opposing team. Now this is assuming you stay outside the center of the fight. Don't vault into the center relying on the jump back, the jump back isn't that far and they could stun you during your E. Just target enemies who are peeling from the team fight or auto attack from a safe distance.

Late Game

With your ulti, you can use it to run away or chase effectively. Valor gains a 80% speed boost so you can quickly get in range of a running champ, E to them to slow them then deal massive damage. Low health enemies running in a group? E to one of them then activate the ulti again to rain arrows on them! Though not so useful during a team fight, the ulti is hella useful after the team fight. With the attack speed, you can destroy turrets within seconds. With a decent team comp, Quinn can effectively carry a team to victory.

Conclusion

Quinn is an amazing champion that is actually beginner friendly in some ways. It sets up last-hitting to be a lot easier and can easily burst down most ADC's early game. Though vault makes a bad escape move, it is best used offensively. Quinn has great damage, and is extremely fun to play. Some problems I have with it is that two of her moves require you to be within uncomfortable distance to the enemy. Enemies can still hit you with some kind of CC while you vault, and the Ulti changes you from a squishy range champ into a squishy melee champ. If hit by hard CC, Quinn is pretty much screwed as she forced to be within melee distance and stunned. So the ulti has no value in team fights because even if you pop the rain of arrows, you are still in the center of the team fight, the last place any adc wants to be. Using a standard ADC build, Quinn is great laning phase, not so much team fights but nevertheless, a great champ

If there's something you don't agree with or have comments about, please reply :D

Edited by InstantNoodles!

Use her ult to disengage to chase people during/after the fight (disengage is for the during portion of the slash)

personally I like her style, but can't seem to play her that well.

i derp'd hard.

Yea i found out the hard way that her utli is more or less useless during a team fight. You just make the enemy's job alot easier by putting urself into range in an attempt to pop your ulti that does little more than 400 damage. Its best outside of team fights