Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Helpful League Of Legends Information

Boxer-I-

to start this thread off before people come and flame me for whatever their reason is, i know im not apart of HG. That doesnt mean i don't still enjoy playing various games with members of HG.

this information is more suited to those who play ranked or are interested in playing ranked matches in league of legends.

---NEVER READ GUIDES! (unless you just installed and are leveling up an account)--- the reason i say this is most guides are very unreliable and are way behind the meta. LoL gets updated pretty much every month or even less, the meta changes so frequently that guides are usually out of date, in an old meta, and just overall a bad thing to base play style off of.

first step is to set a goal, my goal this season was to hit platinum. now that ive completed my goal ive set my eyes on diamond.

second step, watch this video. most people ive talked to in HG have blamed their losses on others or ELO Hell. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MTO2a7ZFcc

please refrain from doing so, once i stopped putting the blame on others i became a much better player.

third step, (this is how is personally found the best way to win games.) find a champion that is strong early-mid game and can snowball if played correctly, pick a champion that is able to roam with ease and has some type of CC/Mobility. i cant just tell you to play a champion and go win ranked games, you have to find a champ that you enjoy playing, something that you have fun with and are exceptionally good with.

fourth step, learn from the pros. when i first switched from heroes of newerth to LoL i went right to LoL VODs. i learned the current meta, and how to play the game. this honestly should be the first step but i understand for many of you, LoL is the first MoBA game that many of you have played.

fifth step, once you've gotten adapt to the game and feel like you know it inside and out i personally recommend that you get an elobuff.com account, it does have a subscription fee of $6 a month so if you dont feel like you're into this game on a hardcore status or a ranked type of person, i would stray from this. elobuff is a great tool in which you can track your own stats and go in and check who is doing the best with certain champs @ a high level and check their runes/masteries/builds thus eliminating the need to ever go off of guides that will probably send you in the wrong direction.

i hope that this could help some people out, im probably leaving some things out and i didnt proof read it so if there are spelling/grammar errors please ignore them and do your best to decipher my text. if you ever want to play with me, ask me questions, or just anything at all im usually in TS3 while playing so just come talk to me or send me a message on the hellsgamers website, ill do my best to reply in a timely fashion.

Edited by Boxer-I-
  • Like 2

Guides have become a huge crutch for people seeking to progress in the game, I agree. There comes a point where you should be able to see your situation and understand what your best item path should be to counteract it. Until you reach that point, Silver's as high as you go homeboy. Good post.

• Like 2

Guides have become a huge crutch for people seeking to progress in the game, I agree. There comes a point where you should be able to see your situation and understand what your best item path should be to counteract it. Until you reach that point, Silver's as high as you go homeboy. Good post.

thank you, what Larry said is absolutely correct. most champtions have a 1-2 item core for their build, but after that it is situational on what you should build next, it takes time to learn this skill, but once u do it will increase your chances of winning exponentially.

i also left out that smart casting helps out a ton on most champs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1-evWKQYlY

to start this thread off before people come and flame me for whatever their reason is, i know im not apart of HG. That doesnt mean i don't still enjoy playing various games with members of HG.

this information is more suited to those who play ranked or are interested in playing ranked matches in league of legends.

---NEVER READ GUIDES! (unless you just installed and are leveling up an account)--- the reason i say this is most guides are very unreliable and are way behind the meta. LoL gets updated pretty much every month or even less, the meta changes so frequently that guides are usually out of date, in an old meta, and just overall a bad thing to base play style off of.

first step is to set a goal, my goal this season was to hit platinum. now that ive completed my goal ive set my eyes on diamond.

second step, watch this video. most people ive talked to in HG have blamed their losses on others or ELO Hell. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MTO2a7ZFcc

please refrain from doing so, once i stopped putting the blame on others i became a much better player.

third step, (this is how is personally found the best way to win games.) find a champion that is strong early-mid game and can snowball if played correctly, pick a champion that is able to roam with ease and has some type of CC/Mobility. i cant just tell you to play a champion and go win ranked games, you have to find a champ that you enjoy playing, something that you have fun with and are exceptionally good with.

fourth step, learn from the pros. when i first switched from heroes of newerth to LoL i went right to LoL VODs. i learned the current meta, and how to play the game. this honestly should be the first step but i understand for many of you, LoL is the first MoBA game that many of you have played.

fifth step, once you've gotten adapt to the game and feel like you know it inside and out i personally recommend that you get an elobuff.com account, it does have a subscription fee of $6 a month so if you dont feel like you're into this game on a hardcore status or a ranked type of person, i would stray from this. elobuff is a great tool in which you can track your own stats and go in and check who is doing the best with certain champs @ a high level and check their runes/masteries/builds thus eliminating the need to ever go off of guides that will probably send you in the wrong direction.

i hope that this could help some people out, im probably leaving some things out and i didnt proof read it so if there are spelling/grammar errors please ignore them and do your best to decipher my text. if you ever want to play with me, ask me questions, or just anything at all im usually in TS3 while playing so just come talk to me or send me a message on the hellsgamers website, ill do my best to reply in a timely fashion.

Good Thread

i also left out that smart casting helps out a ton on most champs.

There's a few champs who you just HAVE to use smartcasting on to reach their full potential. Ryze (full combo in half a second), Jayce (EQ is much less predictable and much more consistent), and Cassiopeia (Q... W... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE) come to mind. I'm sure there are others.

There's a few champs who you just HAVE to use smartcasting on - Cassiopeia (Q... W... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE) come to mind. I'm sure there are others.

this is the champion that forced me to switch to smartcasting, ever since then ive never went back. also lux is a good example.