Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Moderator/admin Guide

Pilpest

Welcome to the guide for Mods/Donators, and "future" Mods.

Rule list for ALL - Including Mods.

PLAYERS & ADMINS:

1. Do not disrespect any player or admin. (i.e)

a. Telling us how to administrate, name calling, and harassing.

2. Do not combat log. (i.e)

a. Aborting while in combat and your UI gun is flashing red.

3. Do not pick up hacked/banned weapons in the server. (i.e)

a. AS50_TWS is a hacked/banned weapon.

4. Do not drive hack vehicles in the server. (i.e)

a. Driving a hack vehicle such as a BTR-90 APC.

5. No Cheating/Hacking/Exploiting/Glitch. (i.e)

a. Teleporting, spawning vehicles, spawning weapons, unlimited ammo, god mode, and such.

6. Do not grief. (i.e)

a. Raging at another player for killing you.

b. Annoying an admin, asking to be reset.

7. No sexual discrimination/harassment. (i.e)

a. Men are dumb.

8. No Racism. (i.e)

a. The n word.

9. No Discrimination. (i.e)

a. I hate these admins, they are a bunch of fat poor kids. (Chat is logged)

10. Spamming chat channel text/voice. (i.e)

a. Playing music over voice in side channel.

11. Do not destroy buildings on the map. (i.e)

a. Destroying the grocery store, or hospital.

12. No duping. (i.e)

a. Duping your backups with gear.

13. Do not go to another admin if you have a problem, go to our forums and make an abuse report. (i.e)

a. Kicked for nothing or unreasonable kick.

14. Reserved

PLAYERS:

1. Listen to what any admin tells you. (i.e)

a. Please drop your hacked weapon.

2. Do not argue with an admin. (i.e)

a. Player-I didn't TP. ||||| Admin-Yes you did

3. Backstabbing is allowed. (i.e)

a. Asking a player for help, and killing them and stealing what they have. This includes friendly.

4. Reserved.

ADMINS:

1. No oppressing players. (i.e)

a. Stay away from our base, or I will kick you.

2. Do not abuse your powers. (i.e)

a. Banning the whole server.

3. WARN PLAYERS IN TEXT CHAT! (i.e)

a. (Side Channel) Pilpest: Drop the gun or I will wipe your inventory.

4. KICK/BAN WITH A REASON! (i.e)

a. !kpl Pilpest or (PlayerID #0) !r Ignoring admins.

5. Follow warn, kick, ban. (i.e)

a. Permaban Pilpest, if you don't warn and someone makes an abuse report, we have the logs.

6. No spawning boxes(Box, Epoch, All Items), buildings, weapons, currency, or vehicles for players. (i.e)

a. Spawning a vehicle to give to a player to drive off with, or dropping your weapons for them.

7. No spawning illegal, or banned weapons, and illegal or banned vehicles. (i.e)

a. Spawning a banned gun like the As50_TWS or BAF_Apache.

8. No teleporting. (i.e) (This has been removed for Mods)

a. Teleporting around, or moving to or moving people to you.

9. No opening doors that aren't your own, use any admin tool to give you an unfair advantage. (God, Infinite Ammo, and etc.) (i.e)

a. Hunting people down and killing them without knowing where they are.

b. God mode on while killing a player.

c. ESP to locate a player.

d. Map markers on to locate a player.

e. Infinite ammo to keep from reloading and having countless attempts to hit the player.

10.Do not use targeted scripts (Kill/Break legs/Heal/etc) unless essentially required. (i.e)

a. Killing a player because they killed you and you raged.

b. Breaking their legs so you can get an easy kill.

c. Helping yourself, or another player by healing them.

11. Do not repair vehicles for players. (i.e)

a. Using the repair tool on a vehicle so a player can use the vehicle for their personal gain.

12. Do NOT remove map spawned vehicles. (i.e)

a. Using the delete target cursor to delete a vehicle

13. Do not give humanity, or heal non-admins. (i.e)

a. Giving players +2500 / -2500 humanity points, or healing them with the "Heal Target."

14. Do not the Box (All Items) as it is only for debug purposes. (i.e)

a. Spawning the biggest box that has (All Items).

15. Do not spawn a vehicle to only crash it, use it like any other legit vehicle. (i.e)

a. Spawning a vehicles and crashing it.

16. Do not spawn anything in front of a non-admin player. (i.e)

a. Spawning a vehicle in front of a player.

17. Do not spawn any item, building, weapon, vehicle that causes a pop-up. (i.e)

a. Spawning Box (All Items).

18. Reserved.

##. Command structure Donator -to- Trusted Admins -to- Super Admins.

Remember "ABUSE IS NOT TOLERATED" make sure you follow the rules listed above and don't disobey them.

We reserve the right to revoke your admin and admin tools if you abuse.

All chat and voice chat is logged, as well as the Mod commands.

So lets start with, how to be a Mod for DayZ.

Well to start lets talk about logs, and how to use them.

Mods will only have access to the Logs containing everything of BattlEye, if you delete a log you will be not just removed from Mod, but banned.

Battleye.png

When you go to the CP that is supplied to you to access the logs, you will click manage which will bring up a drop down, which you will click logs, and click BattlEye.

(Do not go to server logs, they are NOT important for Moderating!)

BattleyeLogs.png

Now that we've reached the log location, we will begin which what files to look at, and how to detect a hacker.

Note at the beginning of the log the lines should look like

DD.MM.YYYY HH:MM:SS: IN-GAME NAME (IP:PORT) GUID - # "Restriction" and where it happened which are in [] and before [].

Here are the lists of logs you should look at -

createvehicle.log - Spawning vehicles

publicvariable.log - Can range from just about everything

remoteexec.log - Scripts

setpos.log - Teleporting

Createvehicle.log -- Things not to ban for --

#1 "MedBox0_DZN" 58:669 [7310,7946,85]

#0 "SeaGull" 38:904 [-18621,25857,20]

#43 "z_nac_soldier_heavy" 81:353 [4996,6633,46]

#43 "G_40mm_HE" 27:69 27:5 Bandit1_DZ [5759,9841,42] [-54,56,-15]

#45 "R_x57mm_HE_NAC" 65:275 2:185 [4845,10917,13] [23,36,2]

-- There are more, but just be open-minded when you read these logs.

PublicVariable.log -- Things not to ban for --

Don't ban for anything, unless something catches your eyes, by that I mean a massive amount of things from one person in the matter of a few seconds.

remoteexec.log -- Things not to ban for --

10.03.2013 22:32:06: Name (IP:2304) GUID - #0 "[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction"

10.03.2013 22:32:07: Name (IP:2304) GUID - #38 "[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction"

10.03.2013 22:32:07:Name (IP:2304) GUID - #53 "[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction"

10.03.2013 22:32:11:Name (IP:2304) GUID - #0 "[this, 3.16023, 2721.48]spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestructionStage2"

10.03.2013 22:32:11: Name (IP:2304) GUID - #38 "[this, 3.16023, 2721.48]spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestructionStage2"

10.03.2013 22:32:11: Name (IP:2304) GUID - #53 "[this, 3.16023, 2721.48]spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestructionStage2"

10.03.2013 22:32:12: Name (IP:2304) GUID- #0 "[this, 3.16023, 2721.48,false,true]spawn BIS_Effects_Burn"

10.03.2013 22:32:12: Name (IP:2304) GUID - #38 "[this, 3.16023, 2721.48,false,true]spawn BIS_Effects_Burn"

10.03.2013 22:32:12: Name (IP:2304) GUID - #53 "[this, 3.16023, 2721.48,false,true]spawn BIS_Effects_Burn"

^This is NOT hacking, it is the crashing of a helicopter. DON'T BAN FOR IT!^

12.03.2013 21:36:01: Name (IP:2304) GUID - #0 "allUnits = [];"

SetPos.log -- Things not to ban for --

11.03.2013 02:01:29: Name (IP:2304) GUID - #0 2:178 HMMWV_DZ [5859,8730,53]

11.03.2013 02:01:29: Name (IP:2304) GUID - #0 2:178 HMMWV_DZ [5859,8730,53]

He is NOT teleporting, it is in the same position, again in setpos.logs you have to look at the end, and the part before the []

HMMWV_DZ is a vehicle, it can be many different things and there is one called "shot" inwhich you will completely ignore.

You want to watch for the end and what they are in or if they are teleporting themselves, even if there is a SPAM in the logs of someone in say a HMMWV_DZ, you must look at the end [5859,8730,53], both are the same so he isn't teleporting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of the other logs you can ignore and I do look into every log file as I do know how to read them. When you have become a Mod for awhile I will further your training in other logs, however that won't be until you are in of some sort of leadership.

Now onto the commands for ingame.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In-game Commands

Global Chat-

!say Hello (Note: This is global and all players can see)

!say name msg (Note: This is private, and only you, the player, and the logs can see it.)

Warn

!wrn name (Note: This will warn a player, it will be logged. (Note: You must give them a text reason for the warn, !say You have been warned for spamming chat.)

Kick

!kpl name !r reason -- Make sure you use a GOOD reason (Note: This is just a kick.)

!kid name !r reason -- Make sure you use a GOOD reason (Note: This is a kick based on their BEID, you can find by typing !pinf name in chat)

Ban -

!bpl name !r reason -- Make sure you use a GOOD reason (Note: This is a perm ban.)

!btk name !r reason -- Make sure you use a GOOD reason (Note: This is a 60 minute ban.)

!bst name !r reason -- Make sure you use a GOOD reason (Note: This is a 10 minute ban.)

!bid id !r reason -- Make sure you use a GOOD reason (Note: This is a ban based on their BEID, you can find by typing !pinf name in chat)

All commands must be done in GROUP CHANNEL CHAT!

Type !help in-game if you need a list of the commands, and also help can be used as !help !btk or other commands.

Note that the commands listed in !help in-game are restricted and you may not have access to them.

ANY COMMAND NOT LISTED IN THE ABOVE THAT ARE USED YOUR MOD STATUS WILL BE REVOKED!