Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

3D Printing

Silly

I'm considering making a career out of 3D printing, going to be taking classes in my highschool on some computer and technology classes, and i was wondering if anyone had any interest in it aswell! here is a video where you can see what i mean by 3D printing, and you can also go to http://www.thingiverse.com/ to see more about it aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA

No, you probably won't. Hope your school has a brand new state of the art 3D printer (not that much actually anymore, $2000-$3500) or else you won't do anything that good, only get a tiny bit of experience with it. You also won't really make any money off of it unless you can do really good 3D modelling/CAD drawings and models. The real money would be figuring out the technology in them, finding what materials would work better or how to make it more efficient. Sorry to wreck your dreams.

No, you probably won't. Hope your school has a brand new state of the art 3D printer (not that much actually anymore, $2000-$3500) or else you won't do anything that good, only get a tiny bit of experience with it. You also won't really make any money off of it unless you can do really good 3D modelling/CAD drawings and models. The real money would be figuring out the technology in them, finding what materials would work better or how to make it more efficient. Sorry to wreck your dreams.

its cool i see what you mean, and i appreciate the feedback :)