Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Wardays Are Getting Out Of Hand

There's been about a dozen wardays in the last hour or so. It's annoying, it's boring, and it's tiresome.

Can we get more restrictions on when wardays can be called? Maybe limit them to three every 24 hours? Getting teleported to admin is way cooler than a warday, yet Ts only get teleported to admin maybe twice a day at most.

Wardays are a waste of time. I don't think we usually get rep for them, they just take up time, and a lot of times Ts just camp and draw the round out.

The fact that we can fire wardens before a warday, can end them quickly once they start, or that they don't usually happen a lot is irrelevant. They are happening too much, people complain, they're boring, but wardens keep doing them.

Maybe limit them to three every 24 hours?

You're kidding, right?

Wardays are there for a reason - when a warden leads a successful day (gets to LR) they are permitted to do 1 warday per successful day. Its been like that, and will more than likely stay like that. Wardays are days where everyone gets to relax, kill a bunch of people, and screw around.

I quite enjoy the wardays I feel they bring a change to the almost always same orders and you can do so many other wardays I mean wardays could be made our own server its just a great addition to the jailbreak!!!!1

Edited by Factions

You're kidding, right?

Wardays are there for a reason - when a warden leads a successful day (gets to LR) they are permitted to do 1 warday per successful day. Its been like that, and will more than likely stay like that. Wardays are days where everyone gets to relax, kill a bunch of people, and screw around.

Please stick to the facts when discussing this. They are not relaxing. They are not fun. They don't really let us screw around since we can do that in regular JB. This just makes us dick around. We wait around until the round ends.

Please tell the truth in the future. Thank you.

Please stick to the facts when discussing this. They are not relaxing. They are not fun. They don't really let us screw around since we can do that in regular JB. This just makes us dick around. We wait around until the round ends.

Most of the Jailbreak population enjoys wardays, which is why they're there. As a T or CT, you're allowed to kill EVERYONE that you see until LR, instead of having to killwhore as a CT on regular days. Tell the truth in the future? As far as I'm concerned, that's exactly what I did.

Also, if you have a problem with the CTs being so "good", kill them instead of making threads complaining about what they're able to do because you aren't able to kill the CTs.

Most of the Jailbreak population enjoys wardays, which is why they're there. As a T or CT, you're allowed to kill EVERYONE that you see until LR, instead of having to killwhore as a CT on regular days. Tell the truth in the future? As far as I'm concerned, that's exactly what I did.

Also, if you have a problem with the CTs being so "good", kill them instead of making threads complaining about what they're able to do because you aren't able to kill the CTs.

The problem is that if you believe that most people enjoy wardays, it's not nearly as meaningful as the fact that the vast majority, if not everyone, enjoys regular jailbreak. A large number of people complain about wardays, which means even more people don't like them who don't complain.

I already addressed what was problematic with evading the issue by pointing out objections such as how we can just kill CTs so wardays don't happen. This is a very short sighted view that doesn't speak well to your ability to reason.

For one thing, there's a reason the CTs start the rounds with weapons and are guards while Ts are prisoners. They can control us with relative ease. We can rebel, but rebelling successfully is not entirely a choice, but a matter of what our orders are, what we get on rolling the dice, where we spawn, and how skilled the CTs are. If it was a mere choice, you'd be on to something. If you think wardays are fun, there's no need to resort to misleading statements such as this to defend them. Just be honest and up front and say, "I don't like fun and don't want people to enjoy jailbreak. I prefer wardays instead." I'd have nothing to argue about that.

Secondly, Ts want to make it to LR. It's an accomplishment, and we get prison rep that way. The game is designed to make getting to LR a victory.

Third, if we wanted wardays so bad that we always just wanted to kill CTs, then we wouldn't even need wardays. We'd just rebel every round and attack the CTs. We don't. That's a big hole in your argument.

Please think through what you're saying beyond the first thought that comes into your head so that you are capable of having a discussion. This is not up for dispute. It's not a discussion when you just say things you feel without thinking about them.

If anyone has honest, thought out arguments for wardays, I'd be happy to hear them, but DeathShot apparently cannot or will not do so.

My complaint isn't that they're in game. It's that we had about a dozen of them in an hour and it's tiresome and tedious. Please, read the posts before entering discussion and then refer to their content while responding.

Edited by Servo

The problem is that if you believe that most people enjoy wardays, it's not nearly as meaningful as the fact that the vast majority, if not everyone, enjoys regular jailbreak. A large number of people complain about wardays, which means even more people don't like them who don't complain.

I already addressed what was problematic with evading the issue by pointing out objections such as how we can just kill CTs so wardays don't happen. This is a very short sighted view that doesn't speak well to your ability to reason.

For one thing, there's a reason the CTs start the rounds with weapons and are guards while Ts are prisoners. They can control us with relative ease. We can rebel, but rebelling successfully is not entirely a choice, but a matter of what our orders are, what we get on rolling the dice, where we spawn, and how skilled the CTs are. If it was a mere choice, you'd be on to something. If you think wardays are fun, there's no need to resort to misleading statements such as this to defend them. Just be honest and up front and say, "I don't like fun and don't want people to enjoy jailbreak. I prefer wardays instead." I'd have nothing to argue about that.

Secondly, Ts want to make it to LR. It's an accomplishment, and we get prison rep that way. The game is designed to make getting to LR a victory.

Third, if we wanted wardays so bad that we always just wanted to kill CTs, then we wouldn't even need wardays. We'd just rebel every round and attack the CTs. We don't. That's a big hole in your argument.

Please think through what you're saying beyond the first thought that comes into your head so that you are capable of having a discussion. This is not up for dispute. It's not a discussion when you just say things you feel without thinking about them.

If anyone has honest, thought out arguments for wardays, I'd be happy to hear them, but DeathShot apparently cannot or will not do so.

I'm so tired of seeing you come into the forums to and try and represent the Jailbreak community as a whole, mostly because it makes the rest of us look bad. I'm not going to type out an essay for you to read, because regardless of what I will say, you'll sit on this thread coming up with new ways to try and validate and argument that will, in the end, go nowhere.

I'm done with this discussion. Wardays have been, and will continue to be, in the game for a reason.

My complaint isn't that they're in game. It's that we had about a dozen of them in an hour and it's tiresome and tedious. Please, read the posts before entering discussion and then refer to their content while responding.

Then go to a different server? No one is going to miss you it seems.

Oh and since you said refer to content.

refer to their content while responding.
"I don't like fun and don't want people to enjoy jailbreak. I prefer wardays instead."
This is not up for dispute.
Ts just camp and draw the round out.
Getting teleported to admin is way cooler than a warday, yet Ts only get teleported to admin maybe twice a day at most.
Edited by .Prime

Why do you immediately dismiss everyone who comments, expressing their own opinion, as idiots who can't have a discussion? If it's not up for dispute then why is this thread here? Also if CTs can control Ts with 'relative ease', why are you crying that the map is rebel central? They are restricted, if you are tired of them, go to CT and lead. You are the only one I'm seeing that really hates them, doesn't find them fun.

Why does teleporting to admin room even matter in this discussion? It's the lowest chance thing you can get from the prison dice mod

If you're opinions are facts, then so are mine and if I find wardays fun, how does that work considering you don't find them fun and that's a fact too? You need to learn some respect, especially for our staff, also if it's a discussion, anyone can put their own input in, you're looking like a prick if you just tell people to basically shut up and leave.

Also if CTs can control the Ts with ease, how is the map rebel central now? You conflict with yourself too much, stop crying and play the game or better yet, LEAVE THE GAME. No one is forcing you to play this all the time to the point where you even find it boring yet stay for a complete hour.

• Like 1

I'm so tired of seeing you come into the forums to and try and represent the Jailbreak community as a whole.

This doesn't happen. Before this thread, I only had about 20 posts. Only a handful of those or so were actual suggestions or criticisms of Jailbreak. Of those, I never attempted to speak for Jailbreak as a whole. I merely choose to bring to light certain facts that HG may have been unaware of.

That's different from casually conjuring up ideas and facts to prove to the world that DeathShot is willing to say anything, no matter how false.

im just quoting this for what it stands for,

if you're playing a video GAME and you're BORED,

THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL PLAYING IT!?

I think even you know why this is disingenuous. It amounts to saying, "If you have any problem with a game, ever, for any reason whatsoever, why don't you stop playing?"

For one thing, that would make perfection a goal, and that would destroy any chance of having fun playing games because there's the odd chance that somewhere, anywhere, a game might be less than excellent for me.

Secondly, I'm capable of overlooking parts of games where I'm bored, particularly when it's not usually a feature of the game. Particularly when I'm free to express dissatisfaction over it, and when the game is otherwise run so well. You didn't mention those facts since they would destroy your argument.

You didn't mention those facts since they would destroy your argument.

I don't have an argument, not everything is an argument ese.

I'm just telling you that if you're bored with something and that something you can press 3 buttons and be out of that something and onto another something then why are you so lazy that you don't bother doing it?

Oh. Ok... This is where you lost me.

yet Ts only get teleported to admin maybe twice a day at most.

Let's go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt here. Let's say that every single round of the day lasted 6 minutes, for a total of 240 rounds a day. Times 5 rolls a round, which are always used up, that means there's 1200 rolls in one round.

The probability of rolling admin room on any given roll is 0.4%. It's a discrete random variable, therefore it follows the PMF.

The probability of 2 or less rolls of admin room is...

>> v = [0 1 2];
>> total = 0;
>> for i = 0:2
  total = total + nchoosek(1200, i) * (0.004 ^ i) * (1 - 0.004) ^ (1200 - i);
end
>> total * 100

ans =

14.2%... So maybe YOU should tell the truth before coming hereS

Anyways. Why does any of this nonsensical nitpicking even matter at all? Well, first of all it doesn't, I'm just bored. The point of all this is where the fuck do you get off coming here waving YOUR OPINION at us, as you did in the above quote, and then get to say that anyone who disagrees with you is lying?

So, here's how things work around here. You can come here and ask nicely for something to be changed, and it might be. Hell, I was just about to change the limit of max of 3 consecutive wardays to 2, until I read the rest of your posts.

At the end of the day, I typically ignore posts as soon as I see a shitty attitude/self entitlement. And if the people who are actually able to change things on the server ignore the post, where does that get you? In the middle of butt fuck nowhere, that's where.

• Like 4

I don't have an argument, not everything is an argument ese.

I'm just telling you that if you're bored with something and that something you can press 3 buttons and be out of that something and onto another something then why are you so lazy that you don't bother doing it?

I've proven why you're wrong, and now you're wishing away the fact that you offering a counter point to me that you couldn't substantiate. You prove it doubly when I said why I don't stop playing in the previous post and you continue to ask me.

It would be one thing if you disagreed with me and thought, well, I should quit. It's another to lie entirely and just pretend like I didn't answer your question. If you disagree, do so honestly. I wouldn't object to that.

Oh. Ok... This is where you lost me.

Let's go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt here. Let's say that every single round of the day lasted 6 minutes, for a total of 240 rounds a day. Times 5 rolls a round, which are always used up, that means there's 1200 rolls in one round.

The probability of rolling admin room on any given roll is 0.4%. It's a discrete random variable, therefore it follows the PMF.

The probability of 2 or less rolls of admin room is...

>> v = [0 1 2];
>> total = 0;
>> for i = 0:2
total = total + nchoosek(1200, i) * (0.004 ^ i) * (1 - 0.004) ^ (1200 - i);
end
>> total * 100

ans =

14.2%... So maybe YOU should tell the truth before coming hereS

Anyways. Why does any of this nonsensical nitpicking even matter at all? Well, first of all it doesn't, I'm just bored. The point of all this is where the fuck do you get off coming here waving YOUR OPINION at us, as you did in the above quote, and then get to say that anyone who disagrees with you is lying?

I didn't do this. Where people assumed into existence non-arguments or pretended I said things I didn't, I called that lying. Were someone to honestly disagree, I wouldn't have any hesitation in respecting that. They happened to have lied, but that doesn't mean I'm calling anyone who disagrees with me is lying. I'd be fine with honest disagreement. If someone is going to make up the idea wardays are relaxing for everyone, I'll call them on it. If they're going to make up an argument that most people are ok with wardays, and therefore, that is the reason why they're good, then that's a lie.

There are ways of justifying wardays honestly, but there's no reason to deny how many people complain about them in game just to make that case.

So, here's how things work around here. You can come here and ask nicely for something to be changed, and it might be. Hell, I was just about to change the limit of max of 3 consecutive wardays to 2, until I read the rest of your posts.

At the end of the day, I typically ignore posts as soon as I see a shitty attitude/self entitlement. And if the people who are actually able to change things on the server ignore the post, where does that get you? In the middle of butt fuck nowhere, that's where.

Ok.