Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Computer is totally like messed up.

StephenB

Omfg, I am currently flipping out because my computer randomly got some virus. And whenever I restart it, it works, then its just stops after I start running Steam or Vent or really anything else. This is not the last of me. I am trying my best to stay on Vent as long as I can. I need a new computer, and i need a new one now.. because this one is just about hit the killzone. WTF OMG. I just want to kill the people who created such monstorous viruses. Well, I don't wanna go on complaining. So I am just going to leave it be. I will still visit the forums and get on vent as much as I can.

I will be out every weekday from 1 PM EST till 9 PM EST. For the next 2-3 weeks.

I am happy with where I am right now in HG. Although, I haven't been on for longer then anyone else. But I think I am going to be staying here for quite a long time. I get along with everyone quite well, and everyone is loads of fun. So hopefully my dad allows me to play CSS on his computer and use Vent. Till my comp is fixed... I think I might have to restart the entire thing.

Soo.. I promise I will stick around.

FML

~Stephen~

:facepalm:

Yeah, i made a vow to myself that I would try my best to. Yeah, I was on Vent every day since I joined. And hopefully I don't stay as a recruit for long. ;) haha. So, I am going to have my dad try to fix my computer somehow.. but for now.. I need a snack, then sleep. So. I'll be on the forums sometime tomorrow, and Vent.. and Hopefully my computer is fixed so I can play CS:S.

yeah, doobie is right, your like the ONLY recruit that is this active on forums and vent, keep it up stephen :), but i am sorry to hear about your computer :/

Donnie you're the most active person I've seen on the forums.. 300 posts in 1 month. :omg:

You're pretty much going to want to be running AV at all times. You might be able to clear the virus with Anti-Virus, Spybot, safe mode and a little love. Worst case, you copy down your Windows key with Jellybean, format the thing and start a new. Between the reinstall and loading all of your apps, you're only looking at a few hours of work.

No use in replacing the computer unless the hardware is outdated.

I am going to probably have to RESTART new. No back-up and stuff. Because I am using McAfee. And this crap isn't working. But thanks for the info. :) I am sure to get this problem fixed as much as possible. I will be on in Vent later tonight.. around 11:30. From now on, I am just running Vent with Safe Mode with Networking. So, yeah. I can't use system restore for some funny reason. It kinda pisses me off that its not working properly. But its over and done with, there isn't nothing I can do, except starting new. Hopefully I get a job soon to get a new computer. Because XP is bein a bitch. And my RAM is retarded, and i need a more updated computer. Because most computers these days have like a 512 MB - 1 GB graphics card, running on 2 GB and or 3 GB of Ram. And im jelious. :(

So I have heard that McAfee is horrible? Why is that?

It's bloated, resource hungry, and thinks it knows what's best for you, even to the point to where it's almost malicious in doing so. I used to support a software suite, and it would literally eat shit off of the server sometimes. It was nasty.