Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Man Accused Of Killing Uk Soldier Appears In Court

Ron Burgundy

Yes, as you think a soldier would be safe in his home town wouldn't you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1eBS8avHrg

@1:42. You see the same sentiments in a lot of movies related to war (Saving Private Ryan has a nice line that's very similar). When a people feel they are "at war", the first casualties are not usually the civilian population, but marked soldiers/law enforcement. It's why 9-11 saw the Pentagon attacked as opposed to a local school. Question is whether or not that expectation is preferable to having our civilians targeted. People are at arms over this, but even then it is somewhat "according to plan" (to take a phrase from the Dark Knight, another movie that touches this subject). Yet, if they had attacked a school or workplace in the name is Islam, we'd have people calling for war against a target they could not identify (9-11).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1eBS8avHrg

@1:42. You see the same sentiments in a lot of movies related to war (Saving Private Ryan has a nice line that's very similar). When a people feel they are "at war", the first casualties are not usually the civilian population, but marked soldiers/law enforcement. It's why 9-11 saw the Pentagon attacked as opposed to a local school. Question is whether or not that expectation is preferable to having our civilians targeted. People are at arms over this, but even then it is somewhat "according to plan" (to take a phrase from the Dark Knight, another movie that touches this subject). Yet, if they had attacked a school or workplace in the name is Islam, we'd have people calling for war against a target they could not identify (9-11).

I don't think I said whether or not the attack would be more horrifying if it was upon a soldier, than if it were to occur on an innocent civilian, no matter who the victim is, it will forever be an act of brutality. The question does arise though, where would a soldier be safe? It seems to be that they do not even have security within the countries they fight for. But according to reports the attack was a form of retaliation, "an eye for an eye" so to speak, so I see at the angle you're trying to get at, poorly worded though Yaoi, had to re-read it multiple times just to understand what you are saying.

had to re-read it multiple times just to understand what you are saying.

That's because you are British. You make a living out of butchering the American language. Nothing I write is ever poorly worded, unless I'm mocking the way Slowpoke talks.

uwotm8

That's because you are British. You make a living out of butchering the American language. Nothing I write is ever poorly worded, unless I'm mocking the way Slowpoke talks.

uwotm8

Hahaha if you say so, but you have the writing structure of a decapitated squirrel with gonorrhea....