Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Good Enough For Cs:s Server?

Silent_Gears

I recently got got a Netfinity 5000 server from a family member that was using it at their work but has retired it and I just wanted to know if anyone knows how to or if i could set up a CS:S server or really any kind of gaming server with it.

-note- I know very very little about working with servers :(

Right now it has only 3 drives in it and is a raid 5, memory is 2GB.

post-14176-0-77130900-1370196051_thumb.jpg

Edited by Silent_Gears

• 2 weeks later...

How much RAM does it actually have? 2/3 years ago I ran a GMOD server off a compaq that had a Pentium III 500mhz CPU, with 768mb RAM crammed in it, and 4 HDDs. Haha. It was stable with 5 players on and building. I had 10 players on at once and we were all blowing up fireworks and the server never crashed. But it did Lag. You never know until you try. Get some bots loaded in on CSS and play on it yourself and see if it lags. Also make sure you have a good internet connection. 12mbps D/L and 5mbps U/L is recommended. You can test it at speedtest.net

Edited by sgtstupid

How much RAM does it actually have? 2/3 years ago I ran a GMOD server off a compaq that had a Pentium III 500mhz CPU, with 768mb RAM crammed in it, and 4 HDDs. Haha. It was stable with 5 players on and building. I had 10 players on at once and we were all blowing up fireworks and the server never crashed. But it did Lag. You never know until you try. Get some bots loaded in on CSS and play on it yourself and see if it lags. Also make sure you have a good internet connection. 12mbps D/L and 5mbps U/L is recommended. You can test it at speedtest.net

2gigs of ram and ahaha sweet alright I might try to just setup a bot server for myself when I got spare time at school.

20mbps D/L .49mbps U/L seems kinda odd to me to only have .5 up and 20 down :/ but thats the reading i got.