Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Workout Routine

Hey guys, i just recently started going to the gym again after a long period of time with really no exercise other than stationary bike 10min a day (due to knee injuries). I used to be athletic in a way where i wasnt built or strong, but i was nice and lean and had low body fat. Now before u go off and calling me a pinner. That was the body type i was going for. I used to be somewhat chubby and being big wasnt my goal. I worked at it for two years through waterpolo and basketball (ENJOYABLE sports) and i was happy. Due to my recent injury, i was told to abstain from my sports until 1 year after surgury (in august). I recently started hitting up the gym again and it felt really good. Its just that i dont really have a strict routine to follow, which could help :). I do 10/15minutes of cardio on bike and then I did mainly upperbody today with dumbell weights of (highest) 17.5-20ibs. I did other machines and as the time passed i got fatigued and eventually couldnt manage to pull off a push up. For my abs, I have very strong abdominal muscles, its just that they are covered in fat <- best way i can say it. Arms wise, i am weaker than the average 16 year old.

You guys got an suggestions for a routine ?

I'm currently doing Water Polo/Swim at my HS and we do pretty great work outs during practices. Best abs workout you could do is leg lifts. Do ~50-100 leg lifts at different angles with a few minutes of rest inbetween. Also, you should try biking outdoors, its fun if you find a trail and very healthy.

• 1 month later...

Depends on how often you go. I go Monday-Saturday so for me its Monday-chest and triceps, Tuesday-back and biceps, Wednesday-legs (never skip leg day brah) Thursday-shoulders and traps, Friday-arms and Saturday interval cardio. If you cant go everyday try to do opposite muscles a day like chest and back, bicep and tricep, quads and hamstrings. How much you lift doesn't matter, what matters is your form and muscle failure. Of course the diet too. Fat in your body burns all at once so if you're doing legs you're loosing fat in your whole body not just your legs. Since you have a knee problem you might have to go easy on leg days but don't be a captain upper body. For warm up bike or run until your hear rate increases and you start sweating, no more. Too much cardio before exercise limits your lifting strength. Proper nutrition and take a look at bodybuilding.com

• Like 1