Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Screen Covered With Pink And Black Sqaures

Herbert

So recently I had to re-install gmod and with that had to download everything again from addons to server downloads and so on. So when I went on the PERP server for the first time since my re-download(I have css but not half life 2 episode 1 and 2.), my whole screen was covered with pink and black squares. I couldn't even see the outline of props because literally my computer screen was pink and black. This wasn't a problem for me before I re-installed gmod(meaning all the textures were there), so why will it not work now? Also, accidentally misspelled "squares" in the title haha

When I join: post-18039-0-80529400-1372010041_thumb.jpg

After "Evocity 2013" goes away: post-18039-0-95151400-1372010053_thumb.jpg

Edited by Herbert

You might have a corrupted version of the map (or gmod in general), I would suggest you first validate your gmod files and then redownload the map and see if you get the same error. If that doesn't work try converting all your mounted games to steam pipe by either validating or opting into the beta for it (via the game's properties->betas tab). If all that doesn't work, I would just try a fresh download of gmod.

With the recent update, Garry changed some stuff so you have to manually download the textures for the server.

The Content Pack can be found here: http://hellsgamers.c...0-perp-content/

A guide to installing it can be found here: http://hellsgamers.c...e-perp-content/

Hope this helps :D

Edited by WhataWackaMonk
  • Like 2