Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[CS:S] Wall texture's

Awolfpup

Does anyone know how to go about making your own wall texture?

it would be really kewl...so that I can make a small wall section to put up a credit wall??

Anyone know how?? Anyone??

Sits back on rear haunches, ears perked up, tongue hanging out, awaiting anxiously on responses...tail wagging...

- the pup

He's making a map....not asking how to make walls invisible.

Thank you Pitbull... you are correct...If anyone has ever played CS 1.x long enough on some of the first maps to be put out by players. The author of the map would take the time to place a single wall section somewhere that was out of the way; in order to make a credit wall.. i.e.. giving the author, and anyone who had helped in the creation of that map credit so that all who played on the map now and in the future could see... who the idiot..or genius .. or madman that made that particular map...

-the pup

You can make your own textures, but you can also use those textures as decals.

Those you can have transparent backgrounds and lay them on top of other textures.

They will turn out nicer.

As for the trans walls, I would use a transparent texture, maybe like a glass. Using the nodraw would make them completely invisible and you couldn't see where walls were.

That would probably hurt more than it would help. ;)

I mostley use no draw for 1 side of a wall, sad it i made a secret room, and wanter players in there to sere who was comming in, id use the nodraw, but, you need VTFedit, to turn the pictuce in to a vtf. to use in a map, then, you need to ratpack the texture for other people to download whent hey do to the map, so the texture doesnt show up as purple and black... there are tutorials on youtube i know. thats where i learnt, and i little help here too.

EDIT:

if your looking for an alphabet.. download ne here: http://www.fpsbanana.com/prefabs/2117

Edited by m3rg3