Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Shelby Gt500 Mustang Weekend

CPT.JACK SPARROW

i was more talking about the solid rear axle which was brought around before the mustang.

Ah i see, you're talking about drivetrain then, not suspension. Nothing too terrible about a solid rear axle. I would glady take an IRS instead, but you can definitely make a solid rear work pretty good, plus they're cheap to mass produce.

i guess it depends on how you look at it. in a way its the suspension and in a way its the drive train. the problem i always had was in the way weight was transferred along the solid rear axle and has a tendency to lift the inside rear tire. i ended up bruning out a brand new 03 cobra rear differential because of this. this happens because of the shit 4 link suspension design they used up until 2005 at least. i havent paid much attention to mustangs since then and if they switched out to a real IRS setup i would be interested again.

i keep hearing rumors of an IRS coming but they are still rumors apparently. :(

• 3 months later...