Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

In The Market For A New Mouse. What Ones You Use?

GoatFeathers

I have been a loyal user of the Razer Deathadders. I love em and I have gone through two in the past two years. I need a new one and I want something new.

I know Logitech have a few really high rated ones but I am not crazy about the company.

The new Razer ones are all crazy and have like 12 or more buttons on them for "MMO's" apparently but I know they would just annoy me. If anyone has any ideas or knowledge from experience id love it.

Also Razer just released a Deathadder 2013 edition which Is my back up if I don't find anything magical and miraculous.

Thanks Guyz!

Goaty

I know you said you don't like Logitech but at least check this mouse out; It's what I use. Logitech mice used to have a problem where the cable would start coming apart at the connection to the mouse, that I had experienced myself, but this has been fixed with this one. It can be wireless for convince or you can plug it in via the USB cable that charges and does data through cable. The macro buttons are very easy to reach and do not get in the way. The fact that you had to get a new Razer each year and already need another one, I'm not sure if they broke or what happened, should say something about the quality if they need replaced that often.

Logitech G700

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16826104377

Edited by Image Ex
  • Like 1

I know you said you don't like Logitech but at least check this mouse out; It's what I use. Logitech mice used to have a problem where the cable would start coming apart at the connection to the mouse, that I had experienced myself, but this has been fixed with this one. It can be wireless for convince or you can plug it in via the USB cable that charges and does data through cable. The macro buttons are very easy to reach and do not get in the way. The fact that you had to get a new Razer each year and already need another one, I'm not sure if they broke or what happened, should say something about the quality if they need replaced that often.

Logitech G700

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16826104377

Get the g700s

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104839

Most comfortable mouse I have ever used (except for my mionix naos, but it broke and their support is shit)

was a big fan of the g5 while it was out due to the adjustable weights on it

have the g500 now (the successor i guess to the g5), well worth it if you're into wired mice

not a big fan of razer or the other stuffs.. mostly because for me the grip is a bit silly xD

All good ideas! And the reason I go thru em so fast is because A. I am always using it. B. I drink a lot so I end up spilling stuff drunk everywhere. I was looking athose rat ones. Fully adjustable very cool. Going to those logitechs next. Thanks all

Let me know how you like the Logitech. I've had this mouse for a few years and just from heavy use alone it hasn't worn any part of it out, but I haven't spilt anything on it so I'm not sure how it will stack up to that sort of thing :P

I think if I were to buy one of the two right now, the G700 or G700s I'd go with the s. They are pretty much the same mouse except the s has a little different look and a higher dpi. For 10 more dollars I would get the one with higher dpi, the s, but that's just me. Performance over looks. I do like the simple look of the regular G700 though.

Wired all the way; way more reliable. The G700 does data through cable so when you plug it in, it's like a wired mouse and isn't just being charged via the USB and still connecting to the computer wireless. The wireless receiver dongle has a spot on the underside of the mouse in the battery compartment that it tucks away in to. That has come in handy when I'm on the go and want to use my mouse with my laptop for example.

I've never had an update that has broken anything or caused the mouse to work improperly. It comes with a software to program all the macros that can auto switch with different applications. So if I open up my web browser it will set all my macros and settings for scrolling how I have them set for that program then If I switch over to a game I'm playing it will set all the settings for that game automatically.

Well. It all depends on what you are looking for. I have personally been through so many gaming mice. I've had a Logitech g500, Razer DeathAdder, Steelseries Sensei, and now I am on a Zowie Ec1 evo. Out of all the them I personally love the Ec1 evo. No drivers at all makes things less complicated, it has three preset dpis and polling rates. Compared to most mice on the market it's a lot less confusing, straight forward and gets to the point. But the other ones I have had weren't that bad either. It just all depends on also if you want to make that switch to an optical, and have low dpi, or stick with laser, and have the option to go higher in dpi.

Edited by Dark

I also use the Razer Naga Epic (17 button wired/wireless). I have had it almost a year now. I only use it wired. It was thrown against my wall and shattered, put it all back together, works great still. Very tough and very nice and responsive.