Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What Do You Think About This?

Rush

Spending a lot of money on outdated parts. Grab a 4570k i5, and a 760 or 770. 760 puts out just as much as the 680 for $100 less.

and no a cooler is only necessary if you're planning on OCing.

Looking a bit closer you might wanna swap the hdd out for a caviar black, and definitely get a higher wattage psu. I'd recommend a 750 but 650 could probably get by with a tiny bit of room.

Edited by Anonymau5

Looking a bit closer you might wanna swap the hdd out for a caviar black, and definitely get a higher wattage psu. I'd recommend a 750 but 650 could probably get by with a tiny bit of room.

Why change the Caviar Blue for a Caviar black? they have the same stats?! Also it says that the estimate wattage is 376W, so don't I have enough with 600W :o

I'd go with a haswell chip personally, since the price is practically the same. Get the cooler if you live in a hot area, but i see your redcoat like mau so just open window of your igloo. I have a blue drive running ubuntu and it is def slower than my black. I switched to entirely ssd now except for my black for music etc.

I would go for a better PSU if I where you especially if later on you plan on SLI video cards, but you also have to remember that you can use the recommended psu wattage from calculators and what not, but if you use one that it 50 - 100 watts higher you will increase your life of your components