Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[50% Done] Zs_Obj_Northforest

ChrisNoobSlayer

Alright, so: this is my map that I've been working on for the past 2 weeks. It's called zs_obj_northforest. Now, for those of you who don't know, Zombie Survival is a gamemode in Garry's Mod where players have to defend against other players who are zombies. This map is an objective map, meaning that instead of players choosing a spot to barricade at, they have to constantly keep moving until the end.

Pictures:

2013-08-19_00011_zps1ed02b9b.jpg

2013-08-19_00012_zpsb83d0e18.jpg

2013-08-19_00014_zps5652ae01.jpg

Things to do:

-Add detail

-Fix the second gas can generator

Download:

http://www.mediafire...forest_beta.rar

On the GMOD Workshop:

(Coming soon, project isn't fully completed)

• Like 1

Add less boring geometry/buildings, don't just do rectangle here, there. Add circular buildings/props/extensions off of buildings. You should try to change up the atmosphere to a more zombie type, also for your roof in the first picture, look up the vertex tool, it'll help a lot.

Ok, I looked at your map and like the previous person said, there's a lot of square-ness. I suggest you watch 3kliksphilip's tutorial on displacements

and use them for all of the rock faces. You should also remove most, if not all, of the weapons you've scattered around because people are just going to fight over them. I've also noticed that none of the gas cans you've placed at the start actually explode and that your roofs aren't very roof-y. Don't be afraid yo use flat roofs like you see on top of retail buildings in real life. just put gravel and AC units on top and maybe some ladders. Oh, and you should think about moving the two ladders at spawn to the back of the building so they aren't in the middle of the room. Also, the door to that building doesn't open.

On second thought, watch all of his tutorials; I did and they're very useful.

And you should also think about putting a link to the .vmf in case you want to ask someone for help.

Edited by Gamma.CM