Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

New Job (Undercover Agent?)

QF_Epiczzz

What if there's a job, in where you can be an undercover agent (you look like normal players, you don't have a different model), and you have to be-friend citizens that will let you into their homes which you can search, and if you find anything illegal, you can arrest them (when you apply for the job, you are equipped with a service pistol, which you have to hide, and handcuffs, which you have to hide also) or you can call for backup, and let the police force do the rest.

I don't really know. It seems like a good idea, but.. i'd like to know what you guys think.

Edit: I just thought of a way to detect the undercover agents -- If you have a metal detector, and they walk through it, a unique sound will play, alarming the owner that this person is an undercover agent.

Edited by QF_Epiczzz
  • Like 9

What about problems such as the name color? Will it be just green like normal civilians since people see a blue cop and just run away.

As said above, everything will be like normal civilians, however he is equipped with a govt radio, handcuffs and a service pistol. He has to hide them from the person he's spying on, and if they see them, they know he's an undercover agent.

I like the idea, but what happens if the undercover agent bases with an org/players and pretends to be a normal person. This would be an issue if the org name didn't show up over a player's head, and he is a known player, it would be very obvious he was an undercover agent, or he quit his/her org which is unlikely. Say I was an undercover agent. My ingame name is 'Silly Brian' and the org name above my name is 'high class rollers' but if you were undercover, i would hope the org name would go away. If it didn't, the job wouldn't work because you need to help your org members if they are getting attacked by cops, during raids, and many other situations and it would just be confusing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know a way around it. The undercover agent gets a new name only displayed to non government officials. To prevent the names from being memorized, there should be large lists that randomize into names. "John Cabo" one time "Pizzaro Clines" next time. Of course it should also make sure not to use the name of any actual players. The players real identity will be

revealed if he pulls out the cuffs or pistol.

The clean clothes officers could also play another roll. If given undercover cop cars, they could look liks normal people and more easily catch speeders, or perform undercover sting operations.

Then, to counteract them, like he said, players can buy a special detector prop that makes a alarm if a player is detected to have a undercover police badge.

Agents shouldnt be able to pick up drugs unless their cover is blown, so people dont walk home to find all their drugs missing for no reason.

Just an idea