Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Upgrading This Or Next Week.

So I am due for an upgrade and unfortunatly this will cause me to loose my ulimited. (used another line last time and was able to keep it) I do not use more than 1.5gb on average though so this souldn't be an issue. I'll just have to use wifi at school which you gotta log into every time you connect which is annoying.

Anyways, I have verizon, I am studying to be a geologist and need something with decent battery life. The best phone I have ever owned was my galaxy nexus, but the radio died on me (thanks obama) and the battery was shit.

I have 2 field classes this semester which require 3 days camping with no power (doing this 5 times this semester). I need to use a bearing compass app and gps map to properly map paces and location in varius places in inyo crater.

My current 8x has the battery power to do this, but unfortunatly windows is shit and the developer support is like talking to MS support. So I'm trading it in for 50 $ (will cover the upgrade fee and 20$ to spare). Price range for this phone is i don't really give a fuck.

Phones I am looking at HTC one, Moto X, Droid MAXX (the new one not razr whatever)

MAXX is the most expensive at 300, but most battery.

Anyone have a MAXX, moto x or htc one and can comment on the battery and gps etc.

Going to go to the verizon store here in a bit let me know if there are any other phones i should consider.

I personally got the HTC One, I love it.

Battery last for a long time even longer if you use the built-in batterysave mode or something like that.. I went on a 2day trip to an Island without power or any recharge abilities, I only lost 30% battery, that's without the batterysaver app..

- Camera is good

- GPS is good (norway).

- Memory storage is awesome with 32Gb it's built in, so I can't upgrade it to 64Gb..

My last phone was the Samsung Galaxy S3.. It's not even close to this HTC One phone at anything..

If you can, get to a electronic store and TEST IT!

Edited by Toast

I personally got the HTC One, I love it.

Battery last for a long time even longer if you use the built-in batterysave mode or something like that.. I went on a 2day trip to an Island without power or any recharge abilities, I only lost 30% battery, that's without the batterysaver app..

- Camera is good

- GPS is good (norway).

- Memory storage is awesome with 32Gb it's built in, so I can't upgrade it to 64Gb..

My last phone was the Samsung Galaxy S3.. It's not even close to this HTC One phone at anything..

If you can, get to a electronic store and TEST IT!

I wanted the one for a long time, but I do not like the buttons.

And motorolla now being owned by google makes me think the phone will be a more total android device.

I do not really care for sense.

But I am going to verizon in 15 min when i get off work and I'll decide then.

Thanks for the input.