Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Two Things About Maps.

Scripts

I have noticed that with the server there are a lot of poorly made maps. have you guys considered maybe doing some more quality control with maps? For Example: removing maps that are too small, too big, and just poorly designed all together. Zombie mall (I think thats the name?) for another example where everyone just huddles in the vents in and blocks off the attic to where there's only one entrance to. Zombies never have much of a chance of really getting in. I don't mean to nag or seem like I'm bitching but its a real buzz kill when 60+ people curl up in a long narrow hallway and just slaughter zombies before they even can get near the cades. What I'm trying to explain is that maps that have a big open room with 100s of props available in the one area and with only one entrance should maybe be reconsidered? On that note I am willing to Decompile some maps and fix some of the issues with them. Like decompile the Mall map i mentioned and add a skylight window to the roof to it or another vent entrance all together.

Keep in mind I'm not complaining about maps having little detail or seemingly no effort into them. If the map is functional and well balanced then there is no real issue. Maps with little detail could work out too an advantage for people who have slower computers but having maps that humans have way more advantage than the zombies is really killing it for both Human and Zombie players alike. Humans get bored because their is zero challenge which causes some to hide away and AFK while occasionally going back to their screen so they don't get kicked, Zombies get frustrated because they can't do anything to the point you might as well AFK/Disconnect and wait for the next map to cycle through.

As i said before, if we can come up with a list of maps that need changes done to them then I am willing to polish some of them up a bit and fix some of the issues they are having, granted if I can decompile. Some maps have a custom entity that prevents it from being decompiled.

ALSO....

I am creating my own maps specifically for this server complete with custom server logos cleverly hidden away in the map. The logo could range from diffrent things like a billboard or a sign for a shop something that will blend in with the map and not ruin the immersion too much. I am looking for testers if you wish to help out. feel free to PM me.

Pm me a list of maps that need to be edited/removed for this reason and a download link to your maps and ill take a look at them.

Ok, this will take time to do so give me a few days at least for the list. I'll pop on the server soon and take notes as i play.

also for my maps they may take a week or two to finish because I am doing a proper floor plan and using local areas in my city for examples.

On that note. How do people feel about giving zombies more control over the map? Like being able to turn off the lights in certain areas on the survivors. To balance it out only make it so they can shut off a single area at a time. This would support the team splitting up and making multiple cades around the map.

Small List thus far. I have underlined the reason that are what i think are the worst issues and the most important ones.

Minor:

ZS_office: Couches and chairs should be changed to Prop_physics (Side note: people huddle on one half of the map but it seems to be functional regardless. Still possible to lose)

Relatively good map though with minor concern’s

ZS_obj_827_to_pheonix: Minor Clipping issues and Skybox has errors

Major:

Zm_tx_highschool_beta_7

needs more props

Shed has a single entrance and unbreakable door.

Secret area with the fire…. Only reason it exists is to troll

Walls are too thick which causes barricades stronger than they should be

ENV_FIRE clips through walls and can kill randomly… SERIOUS ISSUE

other Clan and Server advertisements

ZS_obj_Crestofwaves:

Not optimized to the point it causes Memory leaks and errors and crashes.

Zombie spawns needs to be moved.

Why are zombies able to see parts removed by nodraw or even Visleaf’s?

Is actually possible to jump out of reach of zombies using props and then clip with the wall

Why do people barricade this map?

Seems to be more designed for AI and not actual Human Players

ZS_Mall of the dead.

List of issues:

Brushes Clip with each other

the attic has only one entrance

The entrance to the attic is long and narrow and basically impossible to shit cade

Entrance to the attic basically V cades itself.

Secret rooms in general should not be in any serious ZS map

Secret room has no exits

Single entrance’s to any rooms

(for shits and giggles) This map makes Source Gold look like Cry-engine 3

Overall bad design

ZM_Krust_krab_a3

Most areas only have a single entrance

everyone hides in secret area with only one entrance and can shoot through the wall….

Minor bugs with zombies spawning

Unbreakable Props

Edited by Drakonman

If you're talking about zs_office (the one I made), then all of the couches are already all set as prop_phys. Also, I've made a list of maps that should be removed in the past. See THIS thread.

Yeah i'm aware you put the map together. I have to say i actually like it alot. Just some things don't move that you would think they would move. its nothing to really get worked up about. its a great map and their are already a lot of usable props. I always have fun on this map as both human and zombies.

Yeah i'm aware you put the map together. I have to say i actually like it alot. Just some things don't move that you would think they would move. its nothing to really get worked up about. its a great map and their are already a lot of usable props. I always have fun on this map as both human and zombies.

I'm pretty sure that every prop that isn't a group of giant boxes is movable, I mean, that's what I intended. If you found something that isn't please post a picture so i can fix it. I'm just glad SOMEONE is trying out my map. It's the first one that I've ever attempted to modify and they still haven't added it to the rotation.