Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Need Help Creating A Temporary Server To Test Maps

Tomomo

There are a few of us playing on HG zs that are making maps. In order to test them I would like to know how to create a temp ZS server.

I have managed to get Trouble in terrorist town server to work and people to see and join but everytime I set zombiesurvival as the "gamemode" and run the Start.bat file it keeps telling me gamemode not found. Just wanting to know if there is a folder or zip file with ZS in it that i can put into gamemodes folder or is it more difficult then that.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS Here is a quick render of the map Im working on. (No physics props yet. Textures and lighting have been updated since this screenshot)

https://www.dropbox....quickrender.jpg

The folder containing Zombie Survival cannot be named "Zombie Survival" because gmod doesn't like the space. So you have to name it "zs" or "ZombieSurvival" for it to find the gamemode in the gamemode folder.

I don't see why it needs to be on an actual server though, surely you can test the maps locally?

Edited by Papa John

Yeah I was testing locally but I want to get a few opinions of some friends. Sorry I did not have a space in "zombiesurvival" but i did manage to get it to work last night briefly so hopefully I can play around a bit more today. If not I will just keep working on it solo til I think its done. Thanks for the input guys hopefully I have a good map to show everyone soon!