Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

I Need Some Help Figuring This Stuff Out.

DIAMELO

Alright so lately I haven't been on because I've been having some really bad computer problens. It all started about a week or 2 ago when my gigabyte 970a d3 motherboard toasted. I was playing bf4 beta and while in a match my PC turned off, I let it sit for a couple minutes thinking it was just a bit overheated. When I came back to turn it on all the fans and LEDs turned on just fine but the fan on my GPU was spinning faster than normal and there was no video. So I left it for another while and then I came back and tried again , this time nothing happened, no power. So I order a new motherboard, a gigabyte 990fx ud3 board, it arrives and I hook it all up inside the case, connect the power and press the power button. This time the system would only stay on for a second, all fans and LEDs come on but only for a second and then power down. So a dead mobo right? Next go to Fry's and pick up an Asus crosshair v formula z board. Brand new board, hook it all up again connect power and press power button ...fans and LEDs come on, no video but GPU fan is spinning fast, no beeps no error codes. Now before you say its the GPU I did try 2 other GPUs and all 3 act the exact same way but when I install them into another system they work fine, fan spins at normal speed and there is video.

System specs:

Motherboard: Asus crosshair v formula z

CPU: fx8120

GPU: amd radeon HD 7970

PSU: corsiar cx750

RAM: corsair vengeance 8gb

So now I'm here to ask if anyone on the forums would happen to know what's going on. I did try powering on the system without the CPU and ram in but the cards still acted the same. I really need to get this firgured out so any help/feedback is appreciated, thanks. If you need anymore info just ask.

Yeah I tried it outside of the case and it still did the exact same thing, powers on no video but GPU is still going fast no beeps or errors. I tried the same thing when I got the gigabyte ud3 thinking there was some sort of short inside the case and it still did the same.