Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Mg Arcs Multigames Dev Log

Arcaninesy

The alpha release can be found here: http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/176747 but I feel like it's farther along than an alpha, so I'm calling it a beta.

Here's the dev log for the next version [The version currently on the server is mg_arcs_multigames_alpha_fix5]

Dev log

• Trains Floor now scrolls.
  • Fixed hiding/camping spots in trains.
  • Added a few more boards in trains.
  • Speedjumps end sounds don't play every time you drop and pick up the gun anymore.
  • New start teleport sound effects.
  • Deleted a few start teleport sound effects that didn't work.
  • Changed the sound played on selection buttons being pressed.
  • Added Random.
  • Added Awp [small].
  • Added Popcorn Remix by EON.
  • Removed some of the end challenge audios. There are only four challenge maps anyway, and I had like 20 finish audios...
  • Pressing the "Arena" part of the Arena selection picks a random of the weapons for the arena.
  • Cannons in Cannon surf are disabled after five minutes.
  • Changed the order of the Slide easy-makers, hopefully it will help noobs a bit.
  • Added some lights to shotguns. It doesn't look too good, but it won't be as dark.
  • Added a spray wall in the spawn room. It appears after someone wins the selection.
  • The person who wins the selection gets sped up [i think it's 1.5x speed?] until the map is selected.
  • Added an Arcanine decal in the spawn room.
  • Players finishing challenges now get invisibility, as well as invisible weapons. If you switch to knife, however, your weapon is visible on your back. I don't think there's a fix for this :/
  • Players finishing Sliderace and Bunnyhop now get knives.
  • Added Arcanine decal in the start room.
  • Added Wake Me Up [instrumental] By Avicii.
  • Players that did not finish the challenge maps [Except for speedjumps] get slowed down. [Half speed, I think] This also adds a one-second delay for finishers on Bhop.
  • There are now chat notifications for the "easymakers" in sliderace activations.
  • Since making the finishing weapons invisible in sliderace makes all the M249s invisible, I added some neat glow effects on them so that you can find them. [Other than the one the winner gets]

Notes:

• The Random selection billboard is ballin so hard my mind nearly implodes when I think that I actually thought of that idea.
  • My favorite selection in this map is probably Boosterknife. It's small enough that it doesn't take forever, and it's epicly fun to play, for me.
  • I'm not sure whether I'm happy with Awp[small] or not. I don't think I'll know until I see how it plays. Normal Awp is huge, but I sort of do like the way it plays.
  • Sliderace is epicly difficult, I hope the change in order of the easymakers helps make it less boring for the less skilled players.
  • Some of the new selection-win teleport sound effects are really really awesome.
  • It's practically impossible to hit the time limit for Sliderace--the "easymakers" make it that easy. The timelimit isn't a kill, either, it just gives everyone knives.
  • Arena selection buttons can be a bit buggy--sometimes you won't get what you picked. I have no idea how to fix this, as by everything I've looked at it should work fine.
  • This version isn't released yet.

Edited by Arcaninesy

• 4 weeks later...

• Added a backing to Speedjumps, with a few smoke grenades with sprites attatched to them. This adds several glass pieces in Speedjumps.
  • Added an output to set the server timelimit to 40 minutes.
  • Random now works 100% of the time
  • Changed Iceskate--no more invisible ceiling, now has surf ramps and a leet where you can get a scout which turns off the iceskate.
  • Gold checkered spawn no longer kills you if you fall.
  • Lowered Trains cars' height a bit to make it easier to get back onto them.
  • Spray Wall now scrolls
  • Raised the Godlike roof on BoosterKnife
  • Fixed trains camp-stopper hurting players between the first and second cars.
  • Changed AWP selections to Snipers. You now get to chose between a scout and an awp for these selections.
  • Added Backstab versions of Knife and Booster-knife
  • Added a second version of shotguns
  • Added a second version of breakbox. This also creates an interesting random game easter egg type thing.
  • Added a headshot button for Arena
  • Iceskate boosters now work and are slightly more powerful.
  • Added Iceskate [backstab]
  • Changed the skybox to Icebergs by Komaokc
  • Fixed Breakbox bug
  • Fixed being able to see glass in speedjumps from shotguns bug
  • Two of the grenades at the speedjumps finish to frag grenades
  • Added another start room event
  • Added a shotguns option for Cannon surf
  • Changed some of the spawn room event textures so they're easier on the eyes
  • Added another start room event
  • Added sayings in the start room with lighting effects
  • Added special thanks in the start room
  • Added music credits in the start room
  • Slightly increased the size of the sayings, and improved the lighting effects
  • Added something to stop corner campers in knife backstab
  • Updated the music credits image
  • Updated the special thanks image
  • Fixed off texture on a platform in speedclimb
  • Added a final thanks image
  • Added speed by Avicii

Very nice. Hoping to have some time this week to get back on MG and try out any new changes you made bro. Shotgun on Cannon Surf thatll be interesting. Keep up the good work.

Thanks. It's not updated on the server yet, not sure when that'll happen.

We haven't played futbol yet D:

Go die in a fire and stop giving me cancer.