Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Car !fire

JuIcY

So this happened last Thursday at around 10:00pm EST in Miami to muh car..RIP 2009 Altima SL

1381201_10153352841215542_1641710307_n.jpg

1377518_10153352842290542_393311686_n.jpg

1378771_10153352842925542_996105842_n.jpg

1385325_10153352841545542_2042972351_n.jpg

1374931_10153352842580542_1395923255_n.jpg

1377586_10153352841960542_1291942142_n.jpg

The story is: I was in my car with my ex parked at a local park in our area, and well, we were having sex and I was on top of her in the passenger seat. She stops me and says wth is that smoke coming from the car? (Car is off) I thought it was a prank someone was playing on us at the park, I get into the driver seat and turned the car on and put it in reverse in case it was a fire-cracker or some stupid shit. When I turned the car on, I saw fire come up from the ridge on the hood line on the drivers side. I realized its not a prank and something was wrong. I put the car back in park and we both got out of the car half-naked and realized the car was on fire from the engine bay near the drivers side. I had my son's stuff in the car and all my things (car seat, wallet, phone, his first toy, etc.) while this was happening. So shits about to hit the fan and the first thing I think of is an extinguisher..Were in a big community park at night.. I realized the fire was getting bigger and I couldn't just put it out with my jeans so I ran looking for a fire extinguisher to a nearby pavilion and told my ex to call 911. When I got back with no luck, the fire melted the hood and was now about 2 feet high from the top of the grill. I then started realizing that I stupidly parked underneath an oak tree and a good chunk of the foliage was about 10 feet above the hood. Freaking out, I told my ex to help me get the things out of the car as fast as possible. Some neighbors near the park came out and said to get away from the car because it might blow from the radiator. I opened all the doors and started grabbing and throwing shit to the grass as fast as I could because I didn't want to lose my sons things that had sentimental value. By the time we got most of the things out someone else came over with his girlfriend and started helping us move things from the grass (about 10 feet from the car) to a safer place a good 50ft away. He kept saying "that shits gonna blow once it hits the gas line, get back". Surely enough the fire blew the radiator and some other stuff that made a loud hissing sound and a small explosion which blew the hood on the drivers side. By the time the fire department came, the hood was gone and the car was lit up from the front to the windshield, which melted and started another fire on the leather inside the dash. Although the fire was about 6 feet high when they arrived, the tree didn't catch on fire. They sprayed it and the fire was gone but the damage was done. Fire department said it was most likely a fault in the auxiliary electrical that heated something and began combustion.

The bad is that I owe $12,000 left on the altima and its value from KB is $13,000-$15550 depending on condition. So my scenario is a put down $5000 and financed $300 for 2 years to be left with either $0 after deductible from state farm or a measly $2000 on a car I payed $23,000 for in 2011...

Story might of been cooler if I had posted pictures of the fire but if you read, there were more important things to do at the time, these are shots of the aftermath.

Shit sucks..but here's my freak accident, be safe out there guys

Edited by JuIcY

That sucks so bad! It's a nice car! But I'm glad you're okay! :D You're a good father too, grabbing your child's toys and stuff.

I know this matter is not a joking matter... BUT I find it kinda funny how you made the topic name have the word "!fire" lol. But joking aside I'm glad you're safe.

Edited by XxwonderbredxX
  • Like 1