Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Usb Issue

Sonick

I have a year old ASRock Extreme4 z77 Motherboard. Sometimes when I start my pc (just had to restart it 4 times in a row) my mouse and nostromo turn on (lights come on) when the pc goes through boot but when windows actually comes on they turn off and will not come back on without a restart. My wireless keyboard which is plugged in the usb on the front of the case never has this issue and my wireless card which is plugged in the back beside the mouse and nostromo never has this issue. Any thoughts?

• Executive Council

Check if one of your USB hubs/ports failed, according to Windows: open my computer, right click in empty space, click properties. In the window that pops up, select Device Manager on the left. In that window, scroll to the bottom, expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers, and make sure none of the icons have a red X through them. If they do, right click and try either updating drivers, or troubleshooting them.

i've had the problem before. startup repair ezfix.

Have you updated the mobo drivers?

This usually fixes things like this

I'll give both a try. Thanks guys. I think I remember changing some power settings involving usb a while back too but I don't remember what they were lol.

• 2 weeks later...