Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Upgrading My 560Ti?

Sonick

So I am thinking about upgrading my GTX560ti to the Radeon R9 280X. My question is do you think it will run well with the rest of my PC? Anything else I would need to upgrade as well? Will it fit in my case? My GTX560ti is pushing it for space. Specs below.

Case: Rosewill Challenger ATX Mid Tower

Mobo: ASRock Extreme4 z77

Processor: Intel Core i5-3570k Ivy Bridge

Cooler: ARTIC Freezer 7 Pro

Graphics: EVGA GTX560ti

Sound: Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality Champion Platinum

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16gb (4x4gb) DDR3 1600

PSU: PSA 750w Gold

SSD: 120gb

Storage Drive: 1tb

Thanks!

I might give you a hand here :)

Just did a little googling, and I found the dimensions of both the 560Ti and the 280X, and they are as follows:

280X : L=285mm W=126mm H=38mm

560Ti : L=9in - 228.6mm

If your 560 is pushing for space, then the 280X definitely won't fit. Would suggest getting a brand new case while you're at it. Something like an Antec 302 or something. I use the Antec 302 right now, HUGE amounts of space (300mm+ space for a graphics card) and great ventilation. I would definitely pick that up as well.

I might give you a hand here :)

Just did a little googling, and I found the dimensions of both the 560Ti and the 280X, and they are as follows:

280X : L=285mm W=126mm H=38mm

560Ti : L=9in - 228.6mm

If your 560 is pushing for space, then the 280X definitely won't fit. Would suggest getting a brand new case while you're at it. Something like an Antec 302 or something. I use the Antec 302 right now, HUGE amounts of space (300mm+ space for a graphics card) and great ventilation. I would definitely pick that up as well.

Either get a new case or cut into the hdd cage to make some room (THE MAN WAY!)

Everything else is good. Great psu good board and cpu. Just no more rosewill products ;)

Awesome guys, thanks! I will check out another case for sure. I have a dremel, but I am not very good with it (Had to use it to cut room for my old car stereo, looked like shit). I only got the Rosewill because I was on a budget at the time.

Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...