Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Buying New Desktop

Factions

Hey guys I recently just got some money and I was wonder if anyone could recommend a high end desktop around 1800$ - 2000$. I am not looking to make a computer I just would like a nice desktop that could play most games on high graphics. I would have gone to http://www.ibuypower.com/ or some other website like that but I do not know what the hell I am looking for. Also no windows 8 :)

I just bought myself a new one it cost me around 2000 bucks but stuff's more expensive in belgium. I also bought me the 144hz monitor (the asus one)

If you want to know what stuff I have I'll post it in here, but you'd be lucky to find yourself a p

If you're looking into getting a new monitor though: buy this badboy http://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/VG248QE/ aesopp told me to get this one and I do not regret it.

looking mainly at the graphics cards: http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Gamer-Mage-D345 this one has the gtx780 and it's a pretty neat one.

My computer has the gtx770 and to me that's more than craycray enough (coming from a basic toshiba laptop to play video games on:p)

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Black-Friday-Dr-I-Pre-Build this one is nice too.

Wait so you want to buy a PC already built correct?

Would you like to do one of these type of deals? Doesn't have to be this excat one. I just wanna know, cause if you do wanna do one of these deals I could help pick one out for your price range,

BUT DO NOT buy an ALIENWARE computer. They are over expensive as fuck.

Factions, if you get someone to help you with it you can get a premade computer on that website with anything you want. I played with it a little and the result was a pretty sick one for 1753 bucks. Went all out though so you could go way less expensive (like 1200 bucks) and still have a really good one.

Try it out with help of a friend that knows a little something about computers :)

(sorry for double post)

Wait so you want to buy a PC already built correct?

Would you like to do one of these type of deals? Doesn't have to be this excat one. I just wanna know, cause if you do wanna do one of these deals I could help pick one out for your price range,

BUT DO NOT buy an ALIENWARE computer. They are over expensive as fuck.

Yeah I know not to buy alienware and I dont want to build one just buy pre-build

Factions, if you get someone to help you with it you can get a premade computer on that website with anything you want. I played with it a little and the result was a pretty sick one for 1753 bucks. Went all out though so you could go way less expensive (like 1200 bucks) and still have a really good one.

Try it out with help of a friend that knows a little something about computers :)

(sorry for double post)

I will play around with the ones u suggested up top

Picking the parts and they make it

Oh okay.

I'd go with Kimzy's idea. Get a friend that knows about computers to help you. I know some things about computers since I built my own, so I had to learn quite a bit of stuff. BUT there's two retired leaders in HG that know a shit ton about computers. They helped me with EVERY computer question I had. So get in touch with. (:

Rainbow Warrior

BranHorse

Do you live near a micro-center or fry's electronics?

Both places have a service ($40 and my fry's) that will take your parts and build them for you.

So basically you go down with a list that one of us can give you and then say put that bitch together and throw 2 $20 bills in there face.

If you don't have any of those ibuypower is a decent choice. The only thing I do not like about them is the occasional usage of cheap psu's and mobos (a few years ago that is)

Edit: Never mind just now saw that they let you pick the mobo now.

For your price range (which makes me jelly) I'd do the z87 option.

Grab either of the phantom cases (if you want full tower then you gotta get red i guess =[ but it is still a great case)

i7 4770k (don't get the performance tuning whatever idk what that is and assume its a scam)

Don't allow them to oc it

I personally do not like any of those cpu coolers so I would grab the regular fan one and then buy one and install it yourself.

16 gb ripjaws 1600 will do you fine

gtx 770 4g evga single card will last you a few years (more than that actually)

Gigabyte UD5H for the mobo

PSU- Corsair RM 850 (important to get this)

1 tb hdd (just one) non velociraptor

1 120gb intel ssd (i like intels ssd software enigma fight me)

Blue ray/dvd drive (u have to pick one but who the hell still uses these)

Phantom case has fan controller

UD5 Mobo I selected has nice onboard sound. Get a card later if your not satisfied.

Mobo also has wireless.

Windows 7 home 64 bit

I assume you have a keyboard/monitor etc

I got $1977, rushed it because pizza guy poked me until I played league.

Let me know if this works or you live in Cali and want me to build it for you.

Do you live near a micro-center or fry's electronics?

Both places have a service ($40 and my fry's) that will take your parts and build them for you.

So basically you go down with a list that one of us can give you and then say put that bitch together and throw 2 $20 bills in there face.

If you don't have any of those ibuypower is a decent choice. The only thing I do not like about them is the occasional usage of cheap psu's and mobos (a few years ago that is)

Edit: Never mind just now saw that they let you pick the mobo now.

For your price range (which makes me jelly) I'd do the z87 option.

Grab either of the phantom cases (if you want full tower then you gotta get red i guess =[ but it is still a great case)

i7 4770k (don't get the performance tuning whatever idk what that is and assume its a scam)

Don't allow them to oc it

I personally do not like any of those cpu coolers so I would grab the regular fan one and then buy one and install it yourself.

16 gb ripjaws 1600 will do you fine

gtx 770 4g evga single card will last you a few years (more than that actually)

Gigabyte UD5H for the mobo

PSU- Corsair RM 850 (important to get this)

1 tb hdd (just one) non velociraptor

1 120gb intel ssd (i like intels ssd software enigma fight me)

Blue ray/dvd drive (u have to pick one but who the hell still uses these)

Phantom case has fan controller

UD5 Mobo I selected has nice onboard sound. Get a card later if your not satisfied.

Mobo also has wireless.

Windows 7 home 64 bit

I assume you have a keyboard/monitor etc

I got $1977, rushed it because pizza guy poked me until I played league.

Let me know if this works or you live in Cali and want me to build it for you.

I have ordered it and in a few days ill tell you if I enjoy it!

• 2 weeks later...

Lame =/

How did they determine this?

Could just be a bios issue a quick bios flash to most updated version could fix it.

The only real problem is the motherboard cant detect my 1tb hardrive on it and we were at the bios setting with tech support and I didnt have some options for stuff like fast boot and hard drive HBS priorities so they said the motherboard is not working correctly and I would have to send it back

The only real problem is the motherboard cant detect my 1tb hardrive on it and we were at the bios setting with tech support and I didnt have some options for stuff like fast boot and hard drive HBS priorities so they said the motherboard is not working correctly and I would have to send it back

Sounds like they gave you the wrong mobo haha.